View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 05:44 PM

Penguin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmacsd View Post
I was driving home from girlfriends last night, and light came on and car started sputtering till it eventually stopped after about 1/4 mile. I was in intersection, luckily it was late so no other cars on the road. Turned car off, drove about a half mile and the same thing eventually pulled over and engine light and oil light came on. I just left car over night, and need to figure out what to do. Any suggestions, obviously I need to get to deal, but any suggestions..
If you are somewhat knowledgeable about vehicles and engines, and the vehicle is in a safe place (not on the shoulder with traffic going by 2-3 feet away) you could do a quick check with (a) an OBD-II code reader and (b) a visual inspection of the engine for obvious problems, e.g., oil level, major leaks, drive belt broken/missing, low coolant, etc. Unlikely this will result in much, but it's worth a try if you have some expertise.

If not, simply arrange for a tow to a repair facility, assuming you have already checked the obvious, such as it's not out of fuel.

Without checking further it could be a lot of things, but it sounds like a fuel problem based on the behavior, e.g., failing fuel pump, clogged fuel filter, etc. But with the limited information, that's really no more than a guess.

Sponsored Links