View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 02:58 AM

mcibmw533 is on a distinguished road
Glad to see a member that's in my neighborhood! Although mine is a 4.8, it has the x-pipe with the resonators deleted and it sounds great, especially at WOT. The sweet spot is right around 3k rpms but no drone in my rig at all. I get compliments all the time with people asking what aftermarket exhaust I have. I often work in the Bellevue area and could meet up with you sometime if you wanted to give it a listen/test drive - just shoot me a pm if you're interested.

In response to your question about snow tires. I would guess with all seasons you should be fine, especially going over I-90. I have a ski cabin near Stevens on Hwy 2 and purchased a dedicated winter tire setup since I plan on being in the mountains 4+ days a week. My Continental DWS's seem to handle 3-5 inches of slush just fine as I test drove them when we had the early snow fall in the end of September and had trouble getting the DSC to kick in (it should be noted it was early enough to not have any compact snow or ice below the slush). I haven't mounted up the snow tires for a comparison yet. See attached photo - my dog approves of the snow holding capabilities as well

- Micah
Attached Images

Sponsored Links