View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 02:23 PM

sgrice is on a distinguished road
Am I missing a bolt and mounting panel on one of my turbo pipes?

I have a 2010 E70 xdrive 3.5d. I recently noticed some oil seeping from one of my turbo pipe connections. I am talking about the area where one connection pipe (#7 in the diagram below) is connected to a lower connection pipe (#4 in the diagram). My leak appears to be right where the o-ring #9 is located on the diagram. To be thorough, my plan was to replace both upper and lower O rings (part #'s 8 and 9).

However, upon close inspection it looks like I am missing one of the mounting panels (#11) and the accompanying bolt (#10). In the picture below I have a red arrow going to what I believe is an empty threaded flange area of #4. The yellow arrow is going to where a mounting panel and bolt are attached on the opposite side of the pipe (though covered in oil).

It would seem fairly obvious that I am missing one of the mounting panels and bolts. However, realoem says that I am only supposed to have 3 mounting panels and 3 bolts (not 4 and 4). This seems strange to me, but here is the parts list from realoem (the quantity of 3 is italicized and colored red):

10Fillister-head screwM6X16-8.8-ZNS33

07119904105$0.53

11Mounting panel

11657794574$17.80

Well, I have 2 mounting panels and 2 bolts on the upper connection, and only one panel and one bolt on the lower connection, so could I actually have the correct (3) number of panels and bolts? This seems very implausible.

So I have a favor to ask - could someone else with an E70 X5 3.5d check and see if they have a mounting panel and bolt where my red arrow is? If so, I will need those parts as well as the o-rings. For orientation, the above picture was taken standing my the right (passenger side in USA) front tire and looking down into the front area of the engine compartment. The red/orange flexi charge air hose can be seen in the corner of the picture and used as a landmark.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links