View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 07:38 PM

rh71 is on a distinguished road
^ think he meant H8 for the size. I bought angel eye LEDs from a private seller but it was CREE LEDs. I think there are plenty out there that sell them - check ebay. The LUX version 4s are probably the most popular but also the most expensive option. I paid $100 and LUX go for ~$300(?). Either way it's a very simple replacement... twist - remove and replace the cap, and same with the bulb. 5 min job. Bear in mind that due to the design of these halos, the inside pair (closer to the kidney grill) will always illuminate brighter than the outside pair. Even the LUX. Here's a pic of mine: link (not easy getting a good pic that represents the true output).

As for the interior lighting, here was the thread I followed: http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-foru...nse-plate.html but other than led12, it seems the references don't really work anymore. I've emailed v-leds for an updated link as I need a replacement door LED anyway and I'll update if I hear back.
Coded: Digital speedo, windows/sunroof/tailgate close via keyfob

X5 pics at Flickr

Last edited by rh71; 01-21-2014 at 08:23 PM.

Sponsored Links