View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 04:44 PM

dakoX5 is on a distinguished road
Has anyone in the DC/MD/VA area had the parking brake malfunction properly fixed? If so, please share the name of the place (indy or dealership).

I've been to 2 of the area dealerships and neither one was able to resolve the issue. It got to the point where the last SA said "We should call a priest!"

Below is a short recap of all the failed attempts to date (thankfully all covered under original warranty).

Dealer 1 (I've outlined in detail my experience there in an earlier post on this thread):
1) Cited under voltage as the problem and replaced the battery
2) Cited over voltage as the problem (due to failed new battery registration) and registered the newly placed battery
2) Replaced EMF control module

The brake worked properly for a week or two and then failed again so i stopped using it. And when I say failed, i don't mean just the yellow warning coming on. I mean brake failing to disengage and me having to manually release it.

A year later I took the car to a different dealership for a brake booster recall and asked them to look into the parking brake issue. Below is a recap of their attempts:
1) Re-routed parking brake harness (per BMW bulletin).
2) Charged battery (not sure why since I'd never had any issues with it)
3) Replaced EMF control module (I told them that the module had been replace a year earlier at a different dealership)
4) Jokingly suggested that we should call a priest

That was the tip of the iceberg for me and I drove my car home, with the parking brake still not functioning.

So if anyone knows of a place in the mid-Atlantic states that can properly resolve the parking brake malfunction, please do tell.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links