View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 11:53 AM

wsmeyer is on a distinguished road
You've got yourself in quite the pickle there. With the line outside of the relief, inflating the bag kept increasing the pressure on the air line until it pinched it closed. The only way to deflate the bag now is to reduce the pressure of the spring on the line.

If you did this by jacking up just one side of the vehicle the sway bar would have kept the suspension from completely extending. Just use a floor jack to jack the whole rear end up at once and the suspension will drop a bit farther and hopefully break the seal.

If that doesn't work my next plan would be to leave the line disconnected and drive it. Every time the suspension compresses the increased air pressure should squeeze some air. Couple times around the block and jack it back up. With any luck enough air will get squeezed out that when you jack it up the line won't be pinched anymore.

Last thought, if you live in a cold part of the country you could leave it outside overnight and try it first thing in the morning. Even a 10 degree drop in temp will make a significant reduction in air pressure in the spring.

If none of that works I would get something up there and try and pry it sideways where the line is. With any luck it will rock and release the pressure. This is risky and might damage the spring so I would only try this right before cutting.

Sponsored Links