View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Premier Member and retired relic

Quicksilver will become famous soon enoughQuicksilver will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by john348
I have just got a voice recognition module but cannot find the blue connector in by the sat nav/cd player. I have got a UK 05 X5 with sat nav and bluetooth. I have looked at the how to article and there is a spare blue connector but it is towards the rear and much 'squarer' than the one in the picture or to fit the module. I tried to check further up behind the side cover but cannot get it away much. I took one of the plastic things off the boot (Trunk) floor but although can get to a lot of wires cannot see any spare connectors.

Any ideas?

John
I don't know it the UK 05 X5 is any different than mine but it was right in front of me when I looked for it. Remove the drivers side panel in the back (or boot as you brits call it) where the CD changer goes . If you have Navi look behind it on the bottom of the shelf and you will find a blue connector with a black jumper connected to it. At first the jumper looks like wires going to something else but they are only going in and out. You gotta take that jumper out. (key off of course) and plug that blue connector into the voice module. If it was a snake I would have been bitten a half a dozen time.

Sponsored Links