View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 10:37 PM

TerminatorX5 is on a distinguished road
I am glad i could share the ideas... This quest for using a smart phone as "brain" for the car's infotainment system was sparked by a question of a member of HackiBus on yahoo groups from the Middle East... He asked if there is a way to increase the resolution for the stock LCD panel used in the factory Navigation/TV systems in the iBus BMWs... I was not aware of anything of that nature but in the conversation he mentioned his set up and this is what I have done with the AV here... Well, I added the DVR and the switch, but that is just to suit my specific needs...

In my further search on the web, and especially on the russian and some euro forums, I have found a write-up by a fellow in Sweden who had replaced the stock LCD panel (made by Sharp, resolution 400x240) with a higher resolution LCD panel (also made by Sharp, resolution 800x480).

I have read his write-up several times, and I will be honest - I still did not understand the electrical connections, but I am sure it will done on me over time, as I am not ready to replace the LCD yet... But, it seems that eventually, I might take that road... this is not going on my list on the first page of this thread as of yet - but I was already bitten by this mod bug!!!

here is the link to that fellow in Sweden:

High Resolution LCD

Last edited by TerminatorX5; 02-27-2014 at 11:47 AM. Reason: corrected the link for the High Resolution LCD panel

Sponsored Links