View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 06:16 AM

Kisu_san is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5_Rob View Post
If you do not see the TV option on your NAV menu you don't have... I've found OEM units on eBay for $250-$500. You can buy OEM or find one of many aftermarket units. These video units take the camera signal (and/or TV/DVD video signal as they typically have 2 video inputs) and meshes it with your factory NAV screen... Many folks add DVD players or TV tuners in addition to the backup camera as the nearly all units have 2 inputs..

I just installed a backup camera in my X5 over the weekend.. I went after market and bought the NavTool video unit for $200. It pigtails into your Navigation DVD in the rear of the vehicle with a simple plug and play wiring harness... You then hook up your camera and run the video feed into the NavTool unit. When you shift into reverse the video unit overrides your nav screen and image shows... I purchased a BOYO CCD camera and am happy with the results. I also plan on adding aftermarket digital TV tuner in the 2nd video in (the unit has a toggle switch so you can go from TV to Nav screen).

Good luck and let me know if you want further details on how to...

Rob
Hi X5_Rob,

So either I should buy a TV Module or NavTool unit and a reverse camera.

is this correct.

-Kishore

Sponsored Links