Thread: Hydrogen 4.8is!
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 10:42 PM

Persian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorX5 View Post
interesting, indeed!!! nice find Artem...

Several items identified -

Hydrogen set up - I would love to learn more about this, and how he gets 20-30MPG from 4.8iS

his sideview cameras - they are clearly in the front wheelwells, pointing rearward... interesting, i will explore this setup for my cameras

his shifter knob - i think this one is from E39 - is it from the 2003 540iSport? or, it is from the sequential manual/auto box from E46 M3? not sure how shifting pattern works on RHD "iS", and if the knob pattern matched the car pattern - i know that the "is" pattern is opposite to regular auto tranny pattern on 3.0/4.4 E53...

he lost his ashtray, no biggy deal, and shifted things down... he is using a 3D Navigator mouse for his CarPC controls and totally foregone the CIS-IBUS for display of the PC info on factory screen, as he has a bigger, better resolution screen now...

and the hydrogen... can somebody chime in on the hydrogen...
The channel swapping on the cameras is pretty genius. it is assigned obviously to his indicator handle. This is something I might consider. The issue it presents for me is that I want to go the android tablet non-DIN path. The screen is inexpensive in his setup. It costs about 55-75 dollars depending on channel count etc. Though I believe he has run it through a CCTV style DVR and that is how he has the diversity for computer input as well (kind of like a KVM, mapped to the indicator position for Ch1, Ch2, and toggle to Ch3.).

His HHO install is cleannnnnnnnn.

He also has DVDs in his rear seats.. Wow. I wonder if he has an upgraded alternator? The mAh draw is getting high in my mind.

Here is a web page I found with HHO equipment. Hydrogen Generator,Hydrogen Generators,Hydrogen Generators for Sale

though the design is from the dark ages.

Sponsored Links