View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 10:43 AM

Qsilver7 is on a distinguished road
Ditto above. If you have more than one remote key...they all need to be done in the same programming session. Any remote key not programmed during the same session will no longer lock/unlock & arm/disarm (FZV & DWA) the vehicle...although the key will still start the car (EWS).

Also, make sure that you DO NOT insert the 2nd (or more) remote key into the ignition. Start programming them within 30 seconds of the last key programmed...and start on STEP 3 where you start pushing the buttons (see instructions below). If you insert the 2nd key into the ignition...it will nullify the 1st key that you programmed. The GM III will assign a different set of rolling codes to the FZV/DWA programming.

You must follow all the instructions below for a successful initialization of the remote keys:

As mentioned, the remote keys are charged while in the ignition. From position 1 (KL R) up...the key's battery will be charged. If you have an automotive battery charger that has a 2-6amp selection...you could hook it up to the pos/neg jump start terminals in the engine bay, then insert the key into the ignition and turn it to position 1...and leave it overnight. The charger will prevent your car battery from dying...while the key gets charged.

Some have also said that if you have an electric toothbrush that has an inductive charger...you can place the key on the charger...and it an charge-up the key, too. I can't verify this...but it sounds possible since the BMW remote key is charged by induction by the Ring Antenna around the ignition cylinder:

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
  • 2015 f06 650ix GC (Moonstone exterior/Cohiba brown Merino Leather interior)
  • 2014 f15 X5 50i (Space Gray exterior/Mocha Nappa Leather interior)

Sponsored Links