View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 10:17 AM

Qsilver7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1cec View Post
Since this has never been resolved, I am reviving this thread.

I spend some time looking in realoem.com drawings, and I can't find any ventilation pipe, from the fuel tank.

Does anybody know, if there is a ventilation pipe, and if there is one, where can I find it?

Many thanks.
Although the fuel tank is "vented"...it is not expelled to the exterior of the vehicle...modern technology and universal emission laws (OBD II) prevents that from happening.

Fumes generated from fuel are accumulated, then pumped back into the engine to be burned (usually when idling).

You'll find the fuel tank "venting" hoses and expansion tank in this diagram from realoem.com: RealOEM.com * Diagram Selection

And I believe #16 (and possibly #17, too...tubing & outlet pipe)...that are attached to the fuel filler neck (#15) which allows air into the neck and prevents a vacuum...note that if you purchase #15...based on the bracket in the diagram...#15 comes with #16 & #17:

RealOEM.com * BMW E53 X5 3.0d FUEL TANK/ATTACHING PARTS

(you can see in the diagram below that the tube (#16) attaches to the filler neck (#15) with a clamp (#5))
Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
  • 2015 f06 650ix GC (Moonstone exterior/Cohiba brown Merino Leather interior)
  • 2014 f15 X5 50i (Space Gray exterior/Mocha Nappa Leather interior)

Last edited by Qsilver7; 04-28-2014 at 10:29 AM.

Sponsored Links