View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 06:01 PM

X5-ERROR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
ANYTHING is possible, it is only a matter of money.

"Tuning" the ecu is the least of your issues. You will get jack spit from a tune alone...you need real changes that move air through the motor...a CAI kit and headers are not going do it. The g-power flash adds 4% or 15hp...

Supercharge that, and you'll be golden. the gpower SK1 can be purchased as a kit, not sure of the $$$. or are you going to cobble something together and try and find someone to tune it?
I wasn't planning on just tuning. My plan is some form of forced induction and tuning for out. I like the gpower but I can't seem to find anyplace to buy the kit without the full typhoons kit which is like 23k. Now I've turbo charged a few cars in the past but looking at the x5 I can't see enough room to do one unless it's an STS type system.

I'll admit I haven't done a ton of research yet but it seems hard to find threads of people like myself modding cars to that level. And I get that most people would say this car isn't the right car to mod like that but I can't help but want to take this car to that level.

Sponsored Links