View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 02:52 PM
Premier Member

bcredliner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickGT1 View Post
Lol, nitrogen in a street car is like a sticker adding horsepower. BULLSHIT. Just putting it out there.

And maybe some facts for those that fail at using google by themselves.
Should You Fill Your Car's Tires With Nitrogen?
Seems a little harsh. I google most questions I have but don't always believe what I find.

Nitrogen is beneficial depending on what you are doing even for a street vehicle.

As an example, since the pressure change of nitrogen filled tires is more predictable it is commonly used in racing where a half a pound change can dramatically impact handling. If you are tracking your street vehicle or push handling capability a fair amount of time it is worth considering. Recommended tire pressures consider the change in tire pressure from a cold tire to a 'hot' tire. With nitrogen you can inflate the tires a few pounds more which is better for a cold tire and the ride is not compromised as much as tires that are filled with air when the tires are 'hot'.

I tried nitrogen since it was free. I don't push handling past where the tires begin to sing and not that often so I have no personal experience if it makes a difference. Since Dallas summer road temperatures will cook roadkill I did notice that the ride didn't change much at all. (I inflate aired tires 3-5lbs pounds over the recommended inflation depending on the time of the year).

As one of the points previously mentioned, I got away from using nitrogen because it is not readily available and not always free at places where it is. If the price was reasonable and there was a place close to me that had nitrogen I would go back to it based on my personal experience. One could claim it was a placebo though I had the Nitrogen in the tires for almost a year.

Sponsored Links