Xoutpost.com

Xoutpost.com (https://xoutpost.com/forums.php)
-   Other BMWs (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/other-bmws/)
-   -   Test drove an M5 (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/other-bmws/28064-test-drove-m5.html)

jek889 03-02-2007 04:29 PM

Test drove an M5
 
I saw that a local dealer had an '06 M5 CPO w/11K on the odo, and I've been thinking about making an offer on it. I took it for a test drive last night and the power and handling were simply amazing.

The paddle shifters and the SMG are an awesome combo, although the shifting in reg. auto mode is a little rougher than with a std. auto trans. But I guess that's because the gearbox is really more of a manual than an auto.

The HUD is cool, but I found it a little distracting. I guess you need to get used to it, or just turn it off when not needed.

They wanted $78K for it, but I thought that was a little high, and my wife complained that the ride was rougher than with our 745 (well, yeah...it is a sports sedan isn't it?) Now I just need to decide if it's worth it.

xdrive 03-02-2007 11:07 PM

Perhaps you should try negotiate a better price since the 08's are coming soon. The 08's seem to have an upgrade of the interior and the rear lights are LEDs.

vinuneuro 03-02-2007 11:10 PM

SANguru had many major problems with his and eventually turned it in as a lemon. BMW has had well known engine problems with the early V10s. All I'm saying is do enough research before plunkering down 78k.

Good luck.

TQ2K 03-02-2007 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinuneuro
SANguru had many major problems with his and eventually turned it in as a lemon. BMW has had well known engine problems with the early V10s. All I'm saying is do enough research before plunkering down 78k.

Good luck.

:iagree: - which is why you see a lot of E60 M5's on dealers lots.

SANguru 03-04-2007 04:44 AM

tons of internal bulletins on known SMG problems, tolerances not met on oil rings etc. It's pretty bad. 78K is too high. You can probably get one in the low 72-73ish if you really want one. My opinion is don't do it until all the bugs are resolved after having owned one and dealing with 39 days total in the shop over 8 months of ownership.

SANguru 03-04-2007 04:45 AM

08 updates are not going to affect the M5's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xdrive
Perhaps you should try negotiate a better price since the 08's are coming soon. The 08's seem to have an upgrade of the interior and the rear lights are LEDs.


Wagner 03-04-2007 09:01 AM

I was going to say "ask SANguru" but he got here already. IMO, BMW is still trying to perfect their day-to-day SMG transmissions. Side note, the V10 motor in the M5/6 was labeled "International Engine of the Year" for the 2nd year in a row and BMW just built their 20,000th iteration.

vinuneuro 03-04-2007 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WagnerX5
I was going to say "ask SANguru" but he got here already. IMO, BMW is still trying to perfect their day-to-day SMG transmissions. Side note, the V10 motor in the M5/6 was labeled "International Engine of the Year" for the 2nd year in a row and BMW just built their 20,000th iteration.

Wow, talk about mass production.

AzNMpower32 03-04-2007 06:30 PM

Hmmm.....I wanna try an M5. Just fer kicks ya know. :boogie:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 PM.

vBulletin, Copyright 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved.