Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 178
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: 3Series
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-27-2016, 12:36 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,816
Posted By 3Series
If you're replacing like for like there's no need...

If you're replacing like for like there's no need to reset the battery. If you are going by the book you should so the IBS knows you have a new battery and adjusts accordingly. You might get an...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 06-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Replies: 58
Views: 47,040
Posted By 3Series
Same here. 2007, 58k miles

Same here. 2007, 58k miles
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-12-2014, 11:08 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,302
Posted By 3Series
SOLD

SOLD
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-10-2014, 12:01 AM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,302
Posted By 3Series
Rear mount bike rack

I traded my X5 in and I have the OEM Tow Hook mount bike rack for sale. PM me a decent offer if you want it since I want it out of the garage. It's in good condition and I'll ship it at your cost...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-31-2014, 06:08 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 6,768
Posted By 3Series
That price range isn't going to get you into a...

That price range isn't going to get you into a decent E70. My 64k mile trade-in is at a non-BMW dealer in Westmont for $22k. It needs a new right rear air spring, VANOS solenoids, valve cover...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-31-2014, 06:02 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 6,768
Posted By 3Series
My BMW dealer charges $160/hr. Local indies...

My BMW dealer charges $160/hr. Local indies charge $100/hr.
Forum: Parts and Accessories Forum 03-25-2014, 02:11 PM
Replies: 1
Views: 2,357
Posted By 3Series
FS: E70/71 OEM Bike Rack (Tow Hooks)

E70/71 OEM Bike Rack (Tow Hook Mount)

3yrs old, good condition. Used probably 10-12 times.

$250+ shipping obo.

Illinois
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-24-2014, 02:49 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 5,841
Posted By 3Series
I was just in a similar situation. I decided to...

I was just in a similar situation. I decided to sell the X5 and get a new car. I bought a 2014 MDX to replace the X5 as our family hauler.

Does the MDX drive better than the F15, no, but it's...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-04-2014, 05:33 PM
Replies: 27
Views: 5,392
Posted By 3Series
Agreed, but with little kids, I don't have the...

Agreed, but with little kids, I don't have the time or inclination on my family hauler. It would probably take me two full days to replace a $40 valve cover gasket...

Plus I have an E36 M3...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 4,454
Posted By 3Series
Good point. That slipped my mind, but the first...

Good point. That slipped my mind, but the first thing I did when I had AC issues was recharge it myself. If it's a tiny leak, annual fill ups are the most economical way of dealing with a leak. ...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Replies: 27
Views: 5,392
Posted By 3Series
The RX is a woman's car....j/k. Ok maybe not.......

The RX is a woman's car....j/k. Ok maybe not....

In my narrow view of the world (excluding all domestics)

MDX and X5 are the two best 7 passenger SUV's from a handling and performance...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Replies: 27
Views: 5,392
Posted By 3Series
My dad also has a 2007 MDX and he has had no...

My dad also has a 2007 MDX and he has had no problems. 80k miles.

Also in my list to do was/are control arm bushings I test drove the MDX and it seemed decent for a family hauler.

Two thing...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-03-2014, 01:56 PM
Replies: 27
Views: 5,392
Posted By 3Series
2014 Acura MDX

Any X5 owners have thoughts on the 2014 Acura MDX.

Last year I replaced the Water Pump, AC Condenser, Brake Rotors/Pads and tires on my wife's X. ~$4k.

Now, I need to change the Valve Cover...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 4,454
Posted By 3Series
This is a wild guess based on a $2,000 Indy...

This is a wild guess based on a $2,000 Indy estimate for an Evap replacement but $3500 to maybe even $4k depending on your dealer's labor rate.

It might be cheaper to have an AV guy dissasemble...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-03-2014, 01:34 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 4,454
Posted By 3Series
I had my Condenser replaced last summer (May or...

I had my Condenser replaced last summer (May or June 2013). Symptoms were, whining sound when the AC was on full blast and warm air blowing.

The low whining sound meant low refrigerant,...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-20-2014, 11:44 AM
Replies: 2
Views: 2,247
Posted By 3Series
HVAC Burning Smell

Does anyone know the symptoms of a failed valve cover gasket?

When I'm driving the car I sometimes get a burning smell coming from the HVAC when it's blowing hot air. The HVAC is on auto recirc. ...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,240
Posted By 3Series
If you are low on refrigerant, you should also...

If you are low on refrigerant, you should also hear a louder than normal hissing sound coming from the vents.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-22-2014, 06:13 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,594
Posted By 3Series
My X is driven 6-9lk miles a year and I do annual...

My X is driven 6-9lk miles a year and I do annual oil changes. I would wait until July to change the oil.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-22-2014, 01:51 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 2,702
Posted By 3Series
I think my AC is acting up again. I replaced the...

I think my AC is acting up again. I replaced the Condenser last summer and now I think the evaporator is on it's last legs.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-22-2014, 01:50 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,119
Posted By 3Series
It's hard to determine without actually testing...

It's hard to determine without actually testing it out. But if it's a nominal lag, it might be normal. You can try resetting the trans or if that doesn't work you might want something like a Sprint...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-09-2014, 11:51 AM
Replies: 25
Views: 5,607
Posted By 3Series
My experience: 1) Rear bumper with the...

My experience:

1) Rear bumper with the faulty clips. Replaced bumper
Completed under warranty
2) Peeling trim on Steering wheel and steering wheel rubbing hard while turning. Lubed steering...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-02-2014, 10:45 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 3,808
Posted By 3Series
I had to replace the seal around my coolant level...

I had to replace the seal around my coolant level sensor last summer which meant replacing the sensor itself. Fluid was leaking out.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,739
Posted By 3Series
FYI: OEM Battery Life

FYI,

My orignal battery (AGM) is approaching it's 8th year of service (it will be 8 in Jan/Feb 2014). 62k miles on the car.

1/2007 build E70 3.0si.
Nav, Heated Seats, Rear Entertainment,...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 9,081
Posted By 3Series
I bought from Advanced Auto last week with a $50...

I bought from Advanced Auto last week with a $50 off coupon. Retails is/was $199 at my location including the core charge. After I return the orignal battery my total including tax will be just...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Replies: 139
Views: 197,685
Posted By 3Series
The Autocraft Gold battery is labelled 900cc. ...

The Autocraft Gold battery is labelled 900cc.

If you order online with a coupon, order the H8 AGM that says 850cc and verify it's 900cc when you pick it up.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 178

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.