Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 73
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: pokemon
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-26-2014, 11:29 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 5,229
Posted By pokemon
Very true. I don't need to be a male mechanic to...

Very true. I don't need to be a male mechanic to own a piece of "ART", full or part time.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-20-2014, 05:52 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 5,229
Posted By pokemon
Just retired my piece of "ART" and bought a '15...

Just retired my piece of "ART" and bought a '15 Lexus RX350;
$17,000 of repairs in less than 3 years on my '08 X5 after the factory warranty.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-12-2013, 06:36 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,942
Posted By pokemon
TRANSMISSION FLUID LEAKS

I have my '08 3.0Si at the dealer for a ATF leak repairs and it costs me $854.33. Here is the break down of the job:
1 24-34-7-588-725 Sealing,Sleeve $ 22.75
1 ...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 3,126
Posted By pokemon
They were the old set. I know the rule that new...

They were the old set. I know the rule that new tire is always better.:nanana:
The ride is not as harsh as the Bridgestone.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-10-2013, 10:25 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 3,126
Posted By pokemon
Just replaced the Bridgestone 19" RFT yesterday...

Just replaced the Bridgestone 19" RFT yesterday with Michelin Latitude RFT,
way better overall performance.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-22-2013, 10:19 AM
Replies: 17
Views: 7,791
Posted By pokemon
Turn the ignition key to the on position; all...

Turn the ignition key to the on position; all lights on dash are on but engine "MUST NOT" running, press the gas pedal all the down to the floor and hold it for 30-40 seconds (make sure the floor mat...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-21-2013, 11:24 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 7,791
Posted By pokemon
Did the tranny reset and do feel the difference.

Did the tranny reset and do feel the difference.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-21-2013, 12:22 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 3,108
Posted By pokemon
Assuming the hoist was set at the proper jack...

Assuming the hoist was set at the proper jack points when the vehicle was lifted? Some vehicles may not like it.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-06-2013, 07:13 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 11,879
Posted By pokemon
Check this out: Lamp Replacement Guide Home...

Check this out:
Lamp Replacement Guide Home (http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applications/automotive-lighting-systems/Pages/lrgmain.aspx)
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,853
Posted By pokemon
Aux cooling was on then received an warning...

Aux cooling was on then received an warning message in yellow said that engine temp was high, no steam, coolant level was up to the nose. Suspecting no coolant circulation.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,853
Posted By pokemon
Thank you very much Price. Tried it and can only...

Thank you very much Price. Tried it and can only hear a very weak humming & ticking noise, checked at the reservoir and found no circulation. No boiled over or steaming. Towed to the dealer. Thanks...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,853
Posted By pokemon
Help!

Can someone post again how to check if the water pump is failed. Seen that before but can't find it now.

Thanks.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 11-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Replies: 1
Views: 1,153
Posted By pokemon
Most of vehicles are using the same pump for the...

Most of vehicles are using the same pump for the front windshield, or there is a separate pump in the same WWF bottle.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 11-29-2012, 12:29 AM
Replies: 15
Views: 6,533
Posted By pokemon
I was told the warranty will work at any BMW...

I was told the warranty will work at any BMW dealer in NA. I only have to pay the deductible and the dealer will take care of the rest. Reprogramming is covered if it is part of the repairs.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 11-28-2012, 01:25 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 6,533
Posted By pokemon
I have my extended warranty with BMW, works out...

I have my extended warranty with BMW, works out very good. Forget about the third party insurance provider.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 11-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Replies: 37
Views: 44,038
Posted By pokemon
I think once you have pulled the manually unlock...

I think once you have pulled the manually unlock lever, the parking will no longer working until the problem is fixed. Someone had posted a repair procedure of the parking brake actuator in the forum...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 3,654
Posted By pokemon
Diagnostic and re-programming are included only...

Diagnostic and re-programming are included only if the repairs are covered by the extended warranty on mine.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 3,654
Posted By pokemon
I had noticed it was noisy and a little bit loose...

I had noticed it was noisy and a little bit loose even before it was into the dealer's hand. Anyway, I have the same feeling, but, what can we do? I know what you are talking about. Especially, my...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 3,654
Posted By pokemon
Finally fixed. Replace the gear selector switch...

Finally fixed. Replace the gear selector switch (C$1220.00) + C$556 labor.
Also replace the vertical motor for the telescopic steering wheel due to grinding noise, another C$1331.85 (956.55+375.5...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 05-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 3,116
Posted By pokemon
I have both sides replaced under warranty, it was...

I have both sides replaced under warranty, it was a known issue.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-22-2012, 12:53 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 2,521
Posted By pokemon
Is that DVD any good.

Is that DVD any good.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Replies: 17
Views: 25,980
Posted By pokemon
As long as it printed "H8"on the back of the bulb...

As long as it printed "H8"on the back of the bulb or on the box.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-07-2012, 01:06 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 3,654
Posted By pokemon
I have the parking brake actuator replaced last...

I have the parking brake actuator replaced last week at the dealer and for some reason they have to perform the complete reprogramming(my SA said it's not the registration of the the new unit). I was...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 3,654
Posted By pokemon
Transmission does not shift into sport mode

My 08 3.0Si does not shift into sport mode now after the re-programming, any suggestions?
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 25,980
Posted By pokemon
I bought an identical (same brand) unit at a...

I bought an identical (same brand) unit at a jobber store for $18.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 73

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:44 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.