Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 35
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: heavyd
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 2,455
Posted By heavyd
Gas Price ....Gas Type

With current gas price, I am thinking about changing from 91 octane gas to 87 for my '03 X5. With BMW recommend 91, will there be any downside? What gas are you pumping these day?
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-13-2006, 02:03 PM
Replies: 71
Views: 20,391
Posted By heavyd
Micah, sure you can use my review on your...

Micah,

sure you can use my review on your website. By the way, what's the status of Nine.4 availability?
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Replies: 71
Views: 20,391
Posted By heavyd
No I went ahead and replace both sub and speakers...

No I went ahead and replace both sub and speakers at the same time. I definitly hear much improvement on both.
Forum: Mobile Electronics Forum 02-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Replies: 0
Views: 994
Posted By heavyd
Elemental Design Nine.4

Anyone has opinion about this amp? It's rated at 4x65watts. Would it be enough power to drive all speakers in an X5? I have MB Quarts speakers by the way.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Replies: 71
Views: 20,391
Posted By heavyd
I had the Stage 1 and 10" subwoofer package...

I had the Stage 1 and 10" subwoofer package installed last week. So after a weekend listening to it, here is my thought about the products. Overall I am happy with the result. My X's audio system...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Replies: 71
Views: 20,391
Posted By heavyd
Following Jason advise from BSW, I decided to...

Following Jason advise from BSW, I decided to have a professional install my Stage 1 and Sub package. I dropped off the car yesterday at 11:00 and pick it up at 6:00pm. It was not even done. They...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-01-2006, 01:10 PM
Replies: 71
Views: 20,391
Posted By heavyd
The package is scheduled to arrive today. I am...

The package is scheduled to arrive today. I am thinking about taking off early from work to install them....:-) If not, I'll have to do it this weekend. I will make sure I have a full review for...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-26-2006, 02:06 PM
Replies: 71
Views: 20,391
Posted By heavyd
I just place an order yesterday for the 10" sub...

I just place an order yesterday for the 10" sub and Stage 1. I will attempt to install them myself. So I will let everyone knows the result afterward.
Forum: Mobile Electronics Forum 01-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 2,589
Posted By heavyd
Advice - Sound System Upgrade

I have a '03 X5 with no NAV, no DSP, no Cd changer. I have a budget of max $1500 to upgrade my audio system. I've been looking at the Bavarian Suondworkds speakers/sub package but somehow I don't...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Replies: 71
Views: 20,391
Posted By heavyd
The price of the speakers package is realistic at...

The price of the speakers package is realistic at $399. but I think their sub is expensive at $699.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 2,410
Posted By heavyd
What's the total cost of upgrading the speakers...

What's the total cost of upgrading the speakers and sub?
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-19-2006, 01:52 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,148
Posted By heavyd
I've tried this and gain loudness but not...

I've tried this and gain loudness but not clarity....somehow the bass is very muddy and my whole X vibrate.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-19-2006, 01:29 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,148
Posted By heavyd
Aux Input....sound no good

I've just finished installing Aux input in the cup holder area last night and connect my Iaudio Cowon X5 player. Somehow it doesn't sound good compared to radio or CD. I am not sure whether or not...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-17-2006, 06:47 PM
Replies: 20
Views: 3,645
Posted By heavyd
Hmmm...it does look nice on the TiAg too....I...

Hmmm...it does look nice on the TiAg too....I think I'll keep the black kidneys and save the money for a nice audio upgrade from Bavarian Soundwerks.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Replies: 20
Views: 3,645
Posted By heavyd
Yeah..I forgot to reset the date on my camera. I...

Yeah..I forgot to reset the date on my camera. I am having great problem removing the MID because I think the screw is burned. I used the exact T10 torx driver but the damm thing won't turn. I'm...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-17-2006, 12:47 PM
Replies: 71
Views: 20,391
Posted By heavyd
BSW Speakers/Woofer upgrade

I am tempting to upgrade my X5 audio system with speaker and subwoofer package from Bavarian Soundwerks. Has anyone used their products on your X and your opinion? It looks like their products are...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-16-2006, 12:06 AM
Replies: 20
Views: 3,645
Posted By heavyd
After a month....my X

After a month of getting my X, here are the mod completed:


. Aluminum running board
. Chrome gauge rings
. ACs pedal
. Chrome exhaust tips

Coming mods:
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 2,965
Posted By heavyd
yeah..it looks nice with black and titanium trim...

yeah..it looks nice with black and titanium trim but I'm not sure it will blend in with light wood trim.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 2,965
Posted By heavyd
Ebrake on Black Interior

My X has black interior with light wood trim....I am thinking about getting this ebrake handle but don't know how it looks..anyone has picture?

...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,026
Posted By heavyd
MID Removal Problem

I am having problem removing the MID display to install the AUX input. I use the T10 Torx driver but to remove the screw beneath the volumn knob. I keep turning but the unit doesn't pop out. ...
Forum: Mobile Electronics Forum 01-06-2006, 03:11 AM
Replies: 0
Views: 957
Posted By heavyd
REmoving MID Unit

I am having trouble removing the MID to connect the AUX input. AFter removing the volumn knob, I use both 5/64 and 3/32 hex wrench but they don't fit. The 5/64 is too small. The 3/32 is too big. ...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 12-26-2005, 12:29 AM
Replies: 1
Views: 947
Posted By heavyd
In-dash LCD DVD receiver

Anyone in California knows whether or not it's legal or illegal to install a in-dash LCD DVD receiver? I always drive by myself so it's useless to install it on the back.
Forum: Detailing Forum 12-14-2005, 04:34 AM
Replies: 1
Views: 1,491
Posted By heavyd
Interior Care

To keep your interior in top shape, how often do you care for your leather and other interior?
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 12-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 1,080
Posted By heavyd
Amber Corner

I am planning to de-amber my '03 X5's front headlight corner. How can I achieve this?
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 12-12-2005, 05:10 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,182
Posted By heavyd
In-dash CD player removal

I am trying to install the AUX input kit, where can I find instruction how to remove the in-dash CD player?
Showing results 1 to 25 of 35

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:45 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.