Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 76
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: BCA
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Replies: 23
Views: 12,207
Posted By BCA
Really hard to tell from those pics but I imagine...

Really hard to tell from those pics but I imagine that most would say that the preference is Factory LED > Aftermarket LED > GP Thunder
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 2,338
Posted By BCA
I see. I thought that the sport button...

I see. I thought that the sport button essentially turned adaptive drive on and off. Thanks for the clarification. I never looked much into the differences because AD was part of the sport package...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-23-2011, 12:12 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 2,338
Posted By BCA
I had adaptive drive on my X (which was just a...

I had adaptive drive on my X (which was just a 3.0) and rarely used it. It did improve the handling but the car seemed to handle just fine without it. If you have a fully loaded 48i now, it should...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Replies: 43
Views: 45,433
Posted By BCA
It's possible to get them all in if your rivet...

It's possible to get them all in if your rivet setter looks like the one that jcmd2003 posted above (with the green handle). You just need to park your X on a slightly angled surface like a driveway...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Replies: 23
Views: 9,127
Posted By BCA
Yes confirmed in press release

Yes confirmed in press release
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 6,541
Posted By BCA
I was thinking the same thing. Or order...

I was thinking the same thing.

Or order the carbon trim pieces and sell the piano black. That would be a net outlay of $$ for sure but there has to be fair demand for piano black trim out there...
Forum: X3 (F25) Forum 02-12-2011, 01:11 AM
Replies: 14
Views: 6,837
Posted By BCA
beat me to it. And the twin turbo V8 is a 4.4,...

beat me to it. And the twin turbo V8 is a 4.4, not a 4.8!

Sh!t, I wish that BMW would just go back to their standard/old naming nomenclature so that all of this confusion would end.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 7,402
Posted By BCA
+1 Combox controller is the associated...

+1

Combox controller is the associated hardware that was just recently added, I believe
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 2,907
Posted By BCA
Cool! Glad you got it figured out.

Cool! Glad you got it figured out.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 2,907
Posted By BCA
Hard to tell from the pics but it very well could...

Hard to tell from the pics but it very well could just be some leftover cosmoline....the stuff that they put all over the car for shipping. If you see the same substance inside your door jambs and...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-29-2010, 12:20 AM
Replies: 34
Views: 8,153
Posted By BCA
Dealers punch the clock because they get $ back...

Dealers punch the clock because they get $ back from BMW when they punch the cars. The punch date becomes the "in service" date, which is a bunch of BS if you ask me but it happens all the time.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 11-30-2010, 12:01 AM
Replies: 17
Views: 4,416
Posted By BCA
If I were you, I'd surely also take into...

If I were you, I'd surely also take into consideration that your naturally aspirated V8 doesn't have one of the high pressure fuel pumps that are STILL giving people problems. If I'm not mistaken,...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Replies: 25
Views: 15,073
Posted By BCA
My suggestion would be to go with the OEM silver...

My suggestion would be to go with the OEM silver kidney grilles. That's what I did when I had my X5...see pics here:
...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-14-2010, 09:08 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 2,235
Posted By BCA
All of the new BMW turbo engines have a HPFP and...

All of the new BMW turbo engines have a HPFP and they still are reportedly failing even on brand new 2011 models. I don't know what, if any, changes have been made to the pumps but the problem is...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 2,235
Posted By BCA
Maybe first sign of pending HPFP failure? They...

Maybe first sign of pending HPFP failure? They can fail at any mileage...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 09-06-2010, 12:49 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 14,119
Posted By BCA
AH!! It just occurred to me why they made the...

AH!! It just occurred to me why they made the front orange reflectors larger/longer on the NA cars with the LCI: they needed to allow for those front cameras! This may have been discussed on the...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 07-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 7,755
Posted By BCA
The black plastic fender flares on a 2011 are the...

The black plastic fender flares on a 2011 are the same as 2010.

This thread discusses the parts...part #51770421056. $304 at getbmwparts.com. Price has gone up a lot since I got mine in late...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 06-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 7,593
Posted By BCA
Looks great but I'd definitely lose the spacers...

Looks great but I'd definitely lose the spacers...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 05-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 7,559
Posted By BCA
My 2006 330i was leased and I was in a low-speed...

My 2006 330i was leased and I was in a low-speed accident in 2008. It did about $6,000 damage to my car and the repairs included a new bumper, hood, fender, headlight and control arm. The car was...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-24-2010, 10:24 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 4,568
Posted By BCA
My 08 X5, which was 7/08 production, had a tint...

My 08 X5, which was 7/08 production, had a tint band.

My 09 M3, which was 7/09 production, has no tint band. My 06 E90 330i did have the tint band, as did the OEM replacement windshield that I...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Replies: 54
Views: 11,716
Posted By BCA
Agree. The MODEL YEAR is determined by the VIN...

Agree. The MODEL YEAR is determined by the VIN and that's all that matters. This should be the same in all countries.

Crazy thread indeed.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-14-2010, 01:38 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 4,984
Posted By BCA
Weird Just remove the taillight assembly and...

Weird

Just remove the taillight assembly and place a vacuum hose over the hole where the bulb assembly goes in (or whatever hole in the assembly that little guy appears to have entered through). ...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-09-2010, 11:54 PM
Replies: 33
Views: 8,831
Posted By BCA
That's the way to go. And I agree...they are...

That's the way to go.

And I agree...they are completely different animals. I had a 2004 E46 330i and a 2006 E90 330i, then thought I was ready to move to a larger/higher vehicle and bought the...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Replies: 33
Views: 8,831
Posted By BCA
I did the same thing...traded my X5 after less...

I did the same thing...traded my X5 after less than a year for an M3. I also really liked the X5 but just didn't love it (nor did I enjoy washing it), yet I still worried that I'd regret selling it....
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Replies: 27
Views: 9,702
Posted By BCA
Thanks. I guess no one seems to be noticing the...

Thanks. I guess no one seems to be noticing the multiple posts where I mention that I've already sold my X5!

But to answer your question, the cargo liner was great. I removed the tie down hooks...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 76

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.