Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: faz
Forum: X5 (F15) Forum 09-26-2022, 01:46 PM
Replies: 1
Views: 1,148
Posted By faz
Dip / drop in RPM 2-3 seconds after cold startup

Hi everyone,


2017 X5 x35i with 65k miles on it


Has been experiencing a dip in RPM only during the first cold startup of the morning, mostly in colder mornings only. I have a video of the...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-30-2017, 03:45 PM
Replies: 139
Views: 198,370
Posted By faz
:thumbup: Didn't mean to suggest battery...

:thumbup:

Didn't mean to suggest battery registering would cause FRM issues. Just mentioning why I shy away from any type of programming / registering myself with my limited knowledge in the area,...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-30-2017, 03:09 PM
Replies: 139
Views: 198,370
Posted By faz
Good recap of your experience. :thumbup: I...

Good recap of your experience. :thumbup:

I don't have Carly, and given the stories I have read with the FRM footwell module being bricked during programming etc. I don't see myself fooling around...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-30-2017, 03:00 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 8,996
Posted By faz
Thanks for the feedback guys. Appreciate it. Will...

Thanks for the feedback guys. Appreciate it. Will look into this more and learn about it. (I am an electrical engineer by training so I can always use additional knowledge in these areas.)

Right...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-29-2017, 07:53 PM
Replies: 24
Views: 13,920
Posted By faz
Thanks. It has everything (nav, oyster dakota...

Thanks. It has everything (nav, oyster dakota leather, heated seats/steering, 17" wheels, comfort access, shades back window/seat), fold down rear seat.... everything I could ask for except sport. ...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-29-2017, 03:22 PM
Replies: 24
Views: 13,920
Posted By faz
Regular X5 x35i owner, but I just recently bought...

Regular X5 x35i owner, but I just recently bought a 2011 335d with 60k miles on it (still CPO for another couple of months.) The CBU cleanup was done under CPO at about 54k miles.

I am definitely...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-28-2017, 09:59 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 8,996
Posted By faz
New battery installed yesterday, getting 'Increased battery discharge'

Ok, happy to report that the car is back after a day of being driven back and forth to my wife's work (30 miles each way) and the warning is gone. Measured the voltage (engine off) at 12.85 V and...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-28-2017, 07:17 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 8,996
Posted By faz
:yikes: Thanks for the feedback. To...

:yikes:

Thanks for the feedback. To clarify, I bought the battery directly from the BMW dealership yesterday and took it to the indy shop to install.

After I got the 'increased battery...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-28-2017, 02:42 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 8,996
Posted By faz
New battery installed yesterday, getting 'Increased battery discharge'

Hi all,
Just changed the battery in our X5 yesterday during lunch hour at an indy shop (details here (https://xoutpost.com/1105996-post95.html)) and registered the new battery too. Drove the car to...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-27-2017, 07:21 PM
Replies: 139
Views: 198,370
Posted By faz
Just changed the battery on our 2011 x35i (with...

Just changed the battery on our 2011 x35i (with navigation, heated seats). I came across this thread and thought I should add my information here to help others who may find it useful in future.
...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-27-2017, 06:27 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 11,379
Posted By faz
Hi everyone, and thanks again for all your info...

Hi everyone, and thanks again for all your info and the time you took to help out.

Here is an update: I picked up my 2011 X5 (X35i) today from the dealer and she is running beautifully. The...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-25-2017, 03:46 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 11,379
Posted By faz
Thanks all. Still waiting to hear from the...

Thanks all. Still waiting to hear from the dealership, things are taking a long time, not much communication from them either. I am just happy we have a brand new 328i loaner that my wife is using...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-19-2017, 07:28 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 11,379
Posted By faz
json, thanks again for posting all the links man,...

json, thanks again for posting all the links man, really appreciate it.

I asked the SA about this, and he said that he had asked the same question from the tech. Apparently there has been more...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-19-2017, 07:22 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 11,379
Posted By faz
Thank you all for your suggestions and feedback. ...

Thank you all for your suggestions and feedback. :bow::bow::bow:

I got a call from the dealership, they agreed to do the full work for $1600 all inclusive (gaskets, cooler itself, parts and labor...
Forum: BMW SAV Items for Sale 01-19-2017, 06:31 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 3,712
Posted By faz
Good luck with the sale. After a long time away...

Good luck with the sale.
After a long time away from this forum, just came back to ask a question and thought I drop in the for sale section. Saw your other ad first (jack stand and repair manual),...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-19-2017, 03:27 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 11,379
Posted By faz
2011 X5 35i, oil mix with coolant, dealer says oil cooler leak at filter housing

Thank you all for your great replies.

bmrboi2, I believe 2008 is the non turbo version, yes? May be a little different? ( I assume that would be similar to my previous 2007 E90 328i oil filter...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-19-2017, 03:19 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 11,379
Posted By faz
thanks for your reply. yes, I agree with your...

thanks for your reply. yes, I agree with your point of taking an out of warranty car to the dealer.

Well, the seat belt issue was brought to their attention before warranty expired, and they said...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-19-2017, 03:10 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 11,379
Posted By faz
Thanks for the feedback. I didn't get a...

Thanks for the feedback.

I didn't get a chance to look at the problem yet, it is in the dealership and the service advisor called and told me about it. As part of checking for the foot well heat...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-18-2017, 04:14 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 11,379
Posted By faz
2011 X5 35i, oil mix with coolant, dealer says oil cooler leak at filter housing

Hi everyone,

Haven't been here for a while now (since replacing our E53 with E70 a couple of years ago.)

I took our 2011 X5 35i (mileage is about 90k) to dealer to check a couple of issues...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 08-09-2016, 02:30 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 15,199
Posted By faz
(Thanks for posting the DIY, I just replied to...

(Thanks for posting the DIY, I just replied to that thread too.)

X5 3.5i 2011 - This is my wife's car, and she has always said that her a/c doesn't cool the air as much as my old 2006 Honda...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 08-09-2016, 02:19 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 9,317
Posted By faz
Thanks for the DIY. I might have to do this. This...

Thanks for the DIY. I might have to do this. This past weekend my daughter in the back/passenger seat told me that HOT air was coming out of her side. I checked and sure enough, the passenger side...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-13-2014, 08:18 PM
Replies: 0
Views: 1,328
Posted By faz
Hello *again* :)

Hi everyone,
After a couple of years of not owning an X5, I just bought a CPO 2011 X5 (non-sport, but with nav/premium) for my wife to replace her 7 year old 328i.

The new ride is close to 50k...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 12-14-2011, 05:04 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 3,588
Posted By faz
Thanks for the kind words. Keep up the...

Thanks for the kind words.

Keep up the great work.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 12-12-2011, 08:56 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 3,588
Posted By faz
Farewell, and thanks to a great site!

Hi everyone,

I traded in my beautiful 2005 X5 yesterday and wanted to say how thankful I am to all the information and help that I have gotten from you all in the last 3 years of my X5 ownership. ...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 12-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 11,387
Posted By faz
I just received the ebay replacement angel eye...

I just received the ebay replacement angel eye bulbs (cost was about $24 including shipping from hong kong) and replaced them over the weekend. Took some pictures along the way to show the new bulbs...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:39 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.