Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 118
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: Stewthebassman
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 08-15-2020, 07:25 AM
Replies: 12
Views: 4,053
Posted By Stewthebassman
Interesting! Well I think I have the courage and...

Interesting! Well I think I have the courage and time to go at the servo gear tomorrow. Stay tuned!
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 08-14-2020, 11:21 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 4,053
Posted By Stewthebassman
I changed it two weeks ago with the BMW oem...

I changed it two weeks ago with the BMW oem fluid...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 08-14-2020, 08:13 AM
Replies: 12
Views: 4,053
Posted By Stewthebassman
I am getting a progressively worse stutter when I...

I am getting a progressively worse stutter when I accelerate. What is weird is that it doesn't really happen in Sport mode!
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 07-22-2020, 01:40 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 4,053
Posted By Stewthebassman
This is actually terrifying, as all the X3 and...

This is actually terrifying, as all the X3 and E53 videos say it is super easy :(
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 07-22-2020, 11:53 AM
Replies: 12
Views: 4,053
Posted By Stewthebassman
Thanks for the update. I am about to embark on...

Thanks for the update. I am about to embark on this journey, and as you say there are no decent tutorials for the E70.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 09-20-2019, 10:49 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 5,052
Posted By Stewthebassman
I went to a local upholstering shop - the guy...

I went to a local upholstering shop - the guy does luxury cars. His shop is a hole in the wall but he has hundreds of rolls of seat covering. He restuffed my driver's seat and it is SO comfortable...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 09-16-2019, 08:11 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 5,482
Posted By Stewthebassman
I had it done this spring with the Buzzken...

I had it done this spring with the Buzzken process. Stage 1 tune. I did it with a local performance shop. My 2011 was at about 280,000kms. I'm now at 314,000 kms and it has worked out AMAZING. I love...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 06-11-2019, 12:25 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 10,545
Posted By Stewthebassman
No, it didn't! Which is really cool, because I...

No, it didn't! Which is really cool, because I had heard that might be the case.

I forget which supplier I bought from, but their wiring instructions for my truck were wrong.

I eventually...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 06-12-2018, 10:21 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 2,974
Posted By Stewthebassman
Dang... Reading this I want to ditch my diesel...

Dang... Reading this I want to ditch my diesel and get a van tomorrow!
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-17-2018, 09:12 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 11,398
Posted By Stewthebassman
Update: I got a Creator 110+ v 5.2 OBD reader and...

Update: I got a Creator 110+ v 5.2 OBD reader and it's my thermostat. So a friend who is a diesel mechanic is going to replace that and the water pump for me this Wednesday. Once that is changed and...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-06-2018, 12:53 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 5,798
Posted By Stewthebassman
To buy the part? Not the exact springs that I...

To buy the part? Not the exact springs that I needed. As you know, springs are coded for exact option matches etc, and there are no online dealers who will sell that (that I could find, and believe...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-06-2018, 12:44 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 11,398
Posted By Stewthebassman
Wow, you have more mileage than I do! I'm at...

Wow, you have more mileage than I do!
I'm at 136,000 miles. Agreed, this beast is an amazing vehicle.

Love it for towing, gas mileage, comfort and especially winter driving!

Before it went off...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-06-2018, 10:39 AM
Replies: 22
Views: 5,798
Posted By Stewthebassman
So I want to thank all who chimed in on this...

So I want to thank all who chimed in on this thread!

I called my brick and mortar parts dept and he looked up the part - $387.50 per spring!

My indy searched for used parts but could find...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-04-2018, 12:37 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 10,545
Posted By Stewthebassman
Got it, thanks!

Got it, thanks!
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-03-2018, 11:14 AM
Replies: 16
Views: 10,545
Posted By Stewthebassman
Which one did you use?

Which one did you use?
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-29-2017, 11:37 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 5,798
Posted By Stewthebassman
So sad to think that cars like mine are already...

So sad to think that cars like mine are already done for! Such an amazing amazing truck to drive...

Thanks for your input... I've learned so much in the last couple of days. This will help me a...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-29-2017, 04:06 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 5,798
Posted By Stewthebassman
Okay so the part# is 31 33 6778 114. That's from...

Okay so the part# is 31 33 6778 114. That's from my dealership parts guy, looking at my truck's file. He wants $387.50 CDN PLUS 15% TAX (caps intended) PER SPRING. omg

I've searched online and the...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-28-2017, 09:05 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 5,798
Posted By Stewthebassman
I agree. They went quickly as tire swapping...

I agree. They went quickly as tire swapping season in Quebec is crazy. It's the law to have snow tires on by December 15th here.

This shop also did new front brakes for me in September but the...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-28-2017, 09:03 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 5,798
Posted By Stewthebassman
And yeah I forgot to call today but tomorrow I'll...

And yeah I forgot to call today but tomorrow I'll get that part number and do some searching!
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-28-2017, 09:02 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 5,798
Posted By Stewthebassman
Ard, PA this week... 102 inches of snow! Yeah...

Ard, PA this week... 102 inches of snow! Yeah California must be awesome, but an X5 in a snowstorm is like... Amazing!!
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-28-2017, 09:52 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 5,846
Posted By Stewthebassman
I do believe that the dealership must have ONE...

I do believe that the dealership must have ONE person with the right sized hands and technique who does all the bulb changes. Of course they charge three hours labor to take the entire front end...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-28-2017, 12:04 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 5,846
Posted By Stewthebassman
I use needle nose pliers to actually turn the...

I use needle nose pliers to actually turn the cover enough to loosen it. The bigger your hands are the tougher this bulb change is. You really have to find the right position and then basically relax...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-27-2017, 09:22 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 5,798
Posted By Stewthebassman
Check this out...the spring broke right at the...

Check this out...the spring broke right at the bottom, and the break is rusty. Wonder how long it's been broken? It was up on the lift for winter tire installation two weeks ago and no one noticed...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-27-2017, 09:03 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 5,798
Posted By Stewthebassman
Thanks Qsilver7, indeed I inferred correctly that...

Thanks Qsilver7, indeed I inferred correctly that speaking to the Parts dept at one of the several dealerships in Montreal is a no charge affair. The place where I have gone while under warranty is...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-27-2017, 06:53 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 5,798
Posted By Stewthebassman
Actually, thanks to the accurate reasonings of...

Actually, thanks to the accurate reasonings of the above posts, I will definitely be seeing my indy on Wednesday, when he reopens from his holiday. He is good at finding non-OEM parts, and actually,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 118

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.