Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: Marc Troy
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-17-2010, 04:33 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,422
Posted By Marc Troy
Thanks Weasel but if there's a failure of the...

Thanks Weasel but if there's a failure of the front output splines on the transfer case wouldn't I still have rear-wheel drive? I've lost all four wheel drive and the ability to keep the car from...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Replies: 98
Views: 36,441
Posted By Marc Troy
Thanks JCL but as I understand it, if there's a...

Thanks JCL but as I understand it, if there's a transfer case spline problem, there's still power to the rear wheels.
My problems seems to be unique since I've lost all power to both the front AND...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-17-2010, 08:32 AM
Replies: 98
Views: 36,441
Posted By Marc Troy
Is this a transfer case problem?

While traveling at a modest 55 MPH over a NY bridge, my 78,000 mile 2000 X5 suddendly felt like it shifted itself into Neutral without any warning. There MIGHT have been a momentary grinding noise...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-17-2010, 07:15 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,422
Posted By Marc Troy
4-WD to NO-WD without warning; any suggestions?

While traveling at a modest 55 MPH, my 78,000 mile 2000 X5 suddendly felt like it shifted itself into Neutral without any warning. I was able to get to the side of the road and, while waiting for a...
Forum: Dealer Info 03-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 2,296
Posted By Marc Troy
I spoke with my usual Service Advisor today who...

I spoke with my usual Service Advisor today who wasn't in when I picked the car up the last time (I doubt he would have given me the car with the SES light on) and voiced my dissatisfaction with:...
Forum: Dealer Info 03-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 2,296
Posted By Marc Troy
I was trying not to mention the name in hopes of...

I was trying not to mention the name in hopes of getting this resolved, but the members should know that it's BMW of Southampton in Long Island, NY...

I originally brought my X5 in due to a "Low...
Forum: Dealer Info 03-08-2010, 07:21 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 2,296
Posted By Marc Troy
Do Service Advisors work on commission?

I'm trying to figure out why the simplest repair runs into excessive costs and multiple returms to my local dealership. They're in the process of selling the dealership so there's absolutely no new...
Forum: Navigation System 12-19-2009, 06:25 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 2,879
Posted By Marc Troy
Thanks, KiwiJochen and Roy. Is it true that...

Thanks, KiwiJochen and Roy. Is it true that there are different variations of the 16:9 monitor? From what I've read, it seems there's either a casette, a MiniDisc or a CD mechanism behind the...
Forum: Navigation System 12-18-2009, 08:20 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 2,879
Posted By Marc Troy
Sorry, I didn't realize there was another system...

Sorry, I didn't realize there was another system available. I have the 4:3 system...
Forum: Navigation System 12-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 2,879
Posted By Marc Troy
I'll gladly give bimmernav.com a try again but I...

I'll gladly give bimmernav.com a try again but I was explicit when I wrote to them and told them I presently have the "radio/casette/nav system". For some odd reason, they evn suggested I needed a...
Forum: Navigation System 12-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 2,879
Posted By Marc Troy
Wow, that's really all there is to it? Any idea...

Wow, that's really all there is to it? Any idea why bimmernav.com would have suggested a "retrofit harness plug" and a "radio module"?

There are a few Mk4 DVD Nav computers on ebay in the $700...
Forum: Navigation System 12-17-2009, 06:48 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 2,879
Posted By Marc Troy
Need help with Nav upgrade; my head is spinning...

I have a 2000 X5 with, what I think is, a Mk II CD based system. It's a radio/casette/nav all combined with a small screen and the option 6 CD changer. I'd really like to upgrade it since I intend to...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:00 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.