Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 49
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: ShifterKart
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-05-2008, 05:58 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 4,319
Posted By ShifterKart
Well, I am not sure if the E70 is similar to the...

Well, I am not sure if the E70 is similar to the E53 or not? On the E53 there are a bunch of electronics in the rear wheel wells and a "computer cooling" fan which vents out the side under the rear...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-16-2008, 03:15 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 4,213
Posted By ShifterKart
Could you please elaborate on the amazing...

Could you please elaborate on the amazing differences besides the price. My lease is up in a year and I planned on keeping my E53 4.4i but lately I have thought about an E70?
Forum: Bluetooth 03-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,532
Posted By ShifterKart
Tried it agian to make sure I was doing it right...

Tried it agian to make sure I was doing it right but I get to step 2 and the vehicle nevers asks for the passkey, just says activate phone. I have the BT enabled on the BB.
Forum: Bluetooth 03-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,532
Posted By ShifterKart
UCrewX5, This is the first time I have...

UCrewX5,

This is the first time I have owned a Bluetooth enabled phone so I have never tried before.

Thanks
Forum: Bluetooth 03-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,532
Posted By ShifterKart
BlackBerry 8700g wont pair with X5?

So work just provided me with a BlackBerry 8700g and I decided to finally try out the Bluetooth in my 2006 X5 4.4 w/o Nav. I spent the afternoon trying to pair the BB and X5 but all I got was no...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 12-06-2006, 11:41 PM
Replies: 67
Views: 52,043
Posted By ShifterKart
Just tried it on my 06 4.4i with no luck?

Just tried it on my 06 4.4i with no luck?
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-18-2006, 10:32 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 2,550
Posted By ShifterKart
Your welcome Eric. I have now completed the...

Your welcome Eric.

I have now completed the brake controller install as well and took a 1000 mile trip over Labor Day weekend. The X5 impressed me as I was towing a 5000lb enclosed trailer up...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,218
Posted By ShifterKart
Pano-Roof Problems

Two weeks ago I opened the sun visor on the pano-roof and that is where my problems began. When I went to close it I could hear the motors/servos trying to close it but no movement. When I got home...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,086
Posted By ShifterKart
You have initial quality there not the...

You have initial quality there not the dependability of 2003 models where BMW finished 9th.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-08-2006, 01:50 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 2,550
Posted By ShifterKart
Between the plastic fasteners and figuring out...

Between the plastic fasteners and figuring out how to disconnect the three connectors/plugs I wasted a couple hours. Thanks BMW :rolleyes: but I guess all auto companies use those annoying pieces.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-08-2006, 01:21 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 2,550
Posted By ShifterKart
It took me about 7 hours from start to finish...

It took me about 7 hours from start to finish with an hour of breaks or about six hours of work.

With an additional hand reinstalling the bumper I believe another 30 - 60 minutes could be removed...
Forum: Other BMWs 08-08-2006, 01:14 AM
Replies: 17
Views: 3,713
Posted By ShifterKart
Guess I am getting old because these two guys are...

Guess I am getting old because these two guys are f....ing idiots. Want to race then go to the track, crowded public streets are no place for that kind of driving.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-08-2006, 12:59 AM
Replies: 14
Views: 2,611
Posted By ShifterKart
If you don't have the Nav it does come with a...

If you don't have the Nav it does come with a single CD. I agree though, it is 2006 and at least a single CD should be inlcuded no matter what options, hopfully the X70 will correct this but that is...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-08-2006, 12:41 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 2,550
Posted By ShifterKart
Thanks for the hitch info!

This past weekend I installed a trailer hitch on my 2006 4.4i. The DIY instructions made the job much easier and filled in many of the gaps where the BMW instructions assumed a knowledge of how these...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 1,411
Posted By ShifterKart
Krunk, thanks and I figured that. I would expect...

Krunk, thanks and I figured that. I would expect a deeper throatier sound from the 4.4. Am I offbase here, anyone heard the supersprint on a 4.4?
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 1,411
Posted By ShifterKart
Thanks gregwx5. I am looking for something much...

Thanks gregwx5. I am looking for something much deeper and somewhat louder, at least on the outside. The supersprint may be the right choice but it is hard to tell from the video.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-11-2006, 03:37 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 1,411
Posted By ShifterKart
Anyone have experience with a Supersprint exhaust?

Anyone have experience with a Supersprint exhaust?
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 06-22-2006, 01:01 AM
Replies: 29
Views: 4,711
Posted By ShifterKart
I agree with everything said. I drove both and...

I agree with everything said. I drove both and there is a big difference between the 3.0 and 4.4. For me the deciding factor was the desire to pull my race trailer up mountains which quickly ruled...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 06-22-2006, 12:20 AM
Replies: 38
Views: 11,077
Posted By ShifterKart
OK, now I need to do a top speed run in my 2006...

OK, now I need to do a top speed run in my 2006 non-sport 4.4i. I have had it up to 110mph but that is it to date. If 140mph are being achieved for sport models, that is very good for this...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 06-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 2,717
Posted By ShifterKart
OK, so I had some free time and decided to give...

OK, so I had some free time and decided to give this useless mod a go. I also purchased the Bimmian kit and had 3 peanut bulbs left over. I decided to put two into mirror puddle lights and still...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-15-2006, 06:39 PM
Replies: 72
Views: 15,751
Posted By ShifterKart
The octane rating is simply the resistance to...

The octane rating is simply the resistance to detonation, think of a diesel engine. You will not see an increase in performance going to a higher octane fuel and may actually see a decrease because...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-14-2006, 06:44 PM
Replies: 28
Views: 3,940
Posted By ShifterKart
Mine had 4 miles on it when I picked it up three...

Mine had 4 miles on it when I picked it up three weeks ago. Now it has 562 miles.
Forum: The Lounge 04-12-2006, 12:36 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 1,463
Posted By ShifterKart
OK, I have stared for 30 minutes now.....:wow:

OK, I have stared for 30 minutes now.....:wow:
Forum: The Lounge 04-12-2006, 12:33 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 1,472
Posted By ShifterKart
I never thought of that. I went one better, got...

I never thought of that. I went one better, got rid of the wife that did not appreciate racing and found one that not only tolerates it but participates in it. ;)
Forum: The Lounge 04-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 1,472
Posted By ShifterKart
Don't worry PersonaNonGrata, the rumors about...

Don't worry PersonaNonGrata, the rumors about Moran being purchased by Lowe's have been floating around the karting world for a year now. Just isn't true at this time. See the Ekartingnews thread:...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 49

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:48 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.