Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 109
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: khelms_98
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 2,990
Posted By khelms_98
Okay, so if I find the Xenon headlight assembly...

Okay, so if I find the Xenon headlight assembly on ebay, all I would need to make it work would be the ballasts and bulbs right, and the thing to get rid of the bulb out error? I'm not big on wiring...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 2,990
Posted By khelms_98
Thanks for the comments; I like the blunt...

Thanks for the comments; I like the blunt responses :thumbup:. I guess I'll pass on these. By the way, do any of you know if standard halogen bulbs, connector, etc. will fit in a xenon housing with...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 2,990
Posted By khelms_98
Yea I thought the same thing about the light...

Yea I thought the same thing about the light holes. However, another auction had the exact lights, save the amber lenses, and were pictured directly from the front, and the light holes looked larger...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 2,990
Posted By khelms_98
How about these headlights? What do you think?

I know headlights have been discussed over and over again, but I just saw these on Ebay and they look pretty good. They come in black and chrome and I just wanted to know what you all think of them....
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-29-2007, 07:15 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 2,051
Posted By khelms_98
That's excellent; I'm glad that helped. I can...

That's excellent; I'm glad that helped. I can remember when I had the delay and I was thrilled when someone told me about this procedure. :thumbup:
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 2,051
Posted By khelms_98
Do you mean the adaptive throttle? If so, and...

Do you mean the adaptive throttle? If so, and this is straight from memory, I believe you turn the car on (position 2), not cranked, wait ten seconds, then turn it off, then crank. This should...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 1,803
Posted By khelms_98
I had the same problem, or issue, with my 2001...

I had the same problem, or issue, with my 2001 3.0 and I did the throttle adaptation reset myself and it significantly increased throttle response; if I press hard on the accelerator from a stop, it...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 12-09-2006, 12:04 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,157
Posted By khelms_98
Thanks for letting me know....I appreciate it.

Thanks for letting me know....I appreciate it.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 12-08-2006, 12:54 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,157
Posted By khelms_98
Sorry, I didn't realize that...but it's funny...

Sorry, I didn't realize that...but it's funny that when someone a while back requested one, no one said anything.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 12-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,157
Posted By khelms_98
My CarFax subscription has expired and I need to run a VIN...could someone help?

I used to have a CarFax subscription but it has expired and a friend of mine needs some information on a truck that he's interested in. The dealer says it's been wrecked but repaired, but my friend...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 12-08-2006, 12:33 AM
Replies: 0
Views: 1,302
Posted By khelms_98
Headlights dimming while driving & while idling, accompanied by droning noise...

I drive a lot at night and recently, on my 2001 3.0 w/ 90k miles, I noticed that my headlights are dimming at regular intervals (every 1-2 sec) while driving. The dimming is hardly noticeable but...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Replies: 45
Views: 16,522
Posted By khelms_98
I have a 2001 and my sunroof has a little more...

I have a 2001 and my sunroof has a little more windnoise than I'd like and I have the rattle when hitting bumps. I've heard that getting the updated sunroof seal would help with the windnoise,...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-22-2006, 06:14 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,349
Posted By khelms_98
I know on my '01 3.0, the rear climate control is...

I know on my '01 3.0, the rear climate control is a function of the front temperature settings. So if your rear is only blowing cold air, try increasing the front temps (or at least the passenger)...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-17-2006, 12:42 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,138
Posted By khelms_98
:) Yea, that's the first thing I read when I...

:) Yea, that's the first thing I read when I searched. But I was just wondering if my problem is the oil filter, wouldn't it be happening every cold start or is my logic wrong? By the way, could...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,138
Posted By khelms_98
I have a quick question about starting 3.0 on cool mornings...

The other morning it was rather cool and I cranked my 3.0 right as I was leaving and it rattled for about 2-3 seconds and then it ran smooth as always. However, this morning it was cooler and I...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-16-2006, 06:34 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 21,936
Posted By khelms_98
Since it has gotten colder,this has been...

Since it has gotten colder,this has been happening to my 3.0 more often. It's never done this before. Anyway, I was just wondering if something could have been damaged by this.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-16-2006, 06:13 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 1,482
Posted By khelms_98
Thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate...

Thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate it.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-15-2006, 11:14 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 1,482
Posted By khelms_98
Can I simply swap my non-dimming rearview mirror for a dimming one? Plug -n- Play??

Lately, I've been driving home more at night and the lights from the vehicles behind me have begun to get very annoying especially since my former Expedition had the autodimming rearview mirror. So...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,166
Posted By khelms_98
I understand your situation as I also have a 2001...

I understand your situation as I also have a 2001 3.0 that seems to act weird when the wheel isn't dead center. However, this has never really bothered me but I do notice it. On the other hand,...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Replies: 67
Views: 52,035
Posted By khelms_98
Can this push-button start work on X5s without...

Can this push-button start work on X5s without the "BC" button?
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-29-2006, 12:52 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 2,349
Posted By khelms_98
Yea, I was wondering about that little gap....but...

Yea, I was wondering about that little gap....but hey, it's better than my stock non-halo halogens lol. Why is that gap there any way?
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-28-2006, 05:58 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 2,349
Posted By khelms_98
In my opinion, I think these lights might look...

In my opinion, I think these lights might look good with amber bulbs in the corners. I don't like for the completely crystal look, but with ambers in the corners, they might look good. Anyone else...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 3,613
Posted By khelms_98
Anyone find an answer to this? I've just...

Anyone find an answer to this? I've just recently noticed that my driver's side headlight washer has a small amount of washer fluid around the nozzle where the fluid usually shoots out of; however,...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,159
Posted By khelms_98
My 2001 3.0 does the same thing; after the...

My 2001 3.0 does the same thing; after the gasoline level drops below 3/4 of a tank, the smell goes away. I've asked about this before but I've never gotten a definitive answer.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-23-2006, 04:24 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 2,845
Posted By khelms_98
So should I pop the cover off the remaining...

So should I pop the cover off the remaining closed duct, because the other (on the passenger side) isn't covered.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 109

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:21 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.