Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: bman05
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-23-2010, 05:50 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 1,451
Posted By bman05
My personal experience is that I did not have any...

My personal experience is that I did not have any of the warning signs mentioned by your SA (off-color exhaust, rough starts/idles, loss of oil, etc) before my CCV failure and $2K-plus invoice from...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Replies: 185
Views: 64,328
Posted By bman05
I'm glad BMW isn't blowing you off on this issue;...

I'm glad BMW isn't blowing you off on this issue; it shows good faith on their part to assist you at this stage and let's hope they keep up the good faith. This is part of what your loyalty, as a BMW...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Replies: 185
Views: 64,328
Posted By bman05
Curtis, best of luck with resolving this issue. I...

Curtis, best of luck with resolving this issue. I think your plan of holding to the "what could I have done to avoid this/no warning signs" is definitely worth pursuing.

For what it is worth,...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Replies: 185
Views: 64,328
Posted By bman05
Stan, thanks for the words, I appreciate them....

Stan, thanks for the words, I appreciate them. From the breakdown of the bill it looks as if the dealership maxed out the labor on each individual issue dealt with. From my point of view, it took...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Replies: 185
Views: 64,328
Posted By bman05
Definitely, definitely look into this fix. ...

Definitely, definitely look into this fix. You're in LI, close by me and we have the identical vehicle (except for color) with very close mileage. From the looks of your pic you're a boarder as...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Replies: 185
Views: 64,328
Posted By bman05
The vehicle gets a mix of short and long trips...

The vehicle gets a mix of short and long trips each week and it is also parked outside some times and garaged other times. If I recall correctly, a few days before this happened I took the X from NY...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Replies: 34
Views: 11,549
Posted By bman05
Definitely keep an eye on this issue. I had mine...

Definitely keep an eye on this issue. I had mine go bad on me in a cold snap to the tune of a repair bill of just over $2,100.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Replies: 185
Views: 64,328
Posted By bman05
Here's an update on my situation with the CCV...

Here's an update on my situation with the CCV being "frozen" in the open position after a cold snap in NY that resulted in oil being sucked into the engine. My CCV failure took place on 1/29 and the...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-15-2010, 11:13 PM
Replies: 185
Views: 64,328
Posted By bman05
As far these being safety issues, you have a...

As far these being safety issues, you have a valid point (much more valid than peeling steering wheel trim). If BMW trannies regularly went at 50K, I'd think a recall or a fix were due. Water pumps...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Replies: 185
Views: 64,328
Posted By bman05
Thanks for the note of reason, msammy and others,...

Thanks for the note of reason, msammy and others, and you are all correct...let's get this thread back on track.

For the record, I apologize for taking up the forum members' time with this...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Replies: 185
Views: 64,328
Posted By bman05
My lord, but you obstinate! You are just not...

My lord, but you obstinate! You are just not getting this particular issue straight, but I'll try and make it simple so even you can follow along. Where did you miss where I stated "I will gladly...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Replies: 185
Views: 64,328
Posted By bman05
Your completely inane post just serves to...

Your completely inane post just serves to illustrate the lack of sense, social skills and common decency that you have. Firstly, I will gladly share the production date and warranty information with...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Replies: 185
Views: 64,328
Posted By bman05
Here we go, another internet warrior. Sigh. I'll...

Here we go, another internet warrior. Sigh. I'll play along again. Your attitude reminds me very much of the BMWNA rep I had recently spoken with...pompous, overbearing, arrogant and quick to assume....
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Replies: 185
Views: 64,328
Posted By bman05
Actually, I have read where X5's will fail while...

Actually, I have read where X5's will fail while they are being driven due to this particular issue. If this isn't a safety issue, I am not quite sure what is. Apparently my gas pedal breaking at the...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-15-2010, 03:01 PM
Replies: 185
Views: 64,328
Posted By bman05
Again, where did I say I wanted the car fixed for...

Again, where did I say I wanted the car fixed for free? My original post stated: " I requested some "goodwill" assistance from BMWNA (a warranty labor rate as opposed to retail or some help with...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Replies: 185
Views: 64,328
Posted By bman05
Here's a quick response to X5 Meister's queries: ...

Here's a quick response to X5 Meister's queries:



Answer 1. I never expected BMW to repair my car for free. I requested that they extend some "Goodwill" assistance in this instance since the...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Replies: 185
Views: 64,328
Posted By bman05
Not exactly the productive commentary I was...

Not exactly the productive commentary I was soliciting (this is my third BMW, by the way).

Let's try to keep this constructive. I am considering putting in the time and energy to commence a...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Replies: 185
Views: 64,328
Posted By bman05
CCV Valve - Oil Separation Failure due to cold weather...anyone else?

So here is my story. I live in downstate NY and for the last several weeks we've been experiencing a cold snap (low 20's and teens) and two weeks ago my 2003 BMW X5 with 51,535 miles on it simply...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:52 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.