Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: coffeesnob
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Replies: 35
Views: 7,010
Posted By coffeesnob
Nope. I don't see any need to.

Nope. I don't see any need to.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Replies: 35
Views: 7,010
Posted By coffeesnob
Stage #6 picture shows FSU harness plugged in. ...

Stage #6 picture shows FSU harness plugged in.
Stage #7 picture shows FSU harness unplugged.

So between both pictures it will help you understand the location of FSU.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Replies: 35
Views: 7,010
Posted By coffeesnob
"In plain sight" is a relative term I guess. ...

"In plain sight" is a relative term I guess.

It was "in plain sight" for me while I basically had my head under the glove box looking in there. Removal was done by touch because I could not stick...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Replies: 35
Views: 7,010
Posted By coffeesnob
I thought it was plain to see. It was the only...

I thought it was plain to see. It was the only harness I saw under there. I didn't have to remove anything other than the carpeted panel.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Replies: 35
Views: 7,010
Posted By coffeesnob
I followed this DIY: ...

I followed this DIY:
http://www.xoutpost.com/articles/x5/miscellaneous-x5/10139-final-stage-resistor-replacement.html

You will see the wire harness when you remove carpeted panel.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Replies: 35
Views: 7,010
Posted By coffeesnob
I didn't have to remove the glove box on mine. ...

I didn't have to remove the glove box on mine.

I had trouble getting the old resistor out because I was not pushing down on the little plastic tab at the bottom edge that holds it in place. As...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 2,676
Posted By coffeesnob
No idea. Just another one of those BMW gremlins I...

No idea. Just another one of those BMW gremlins I guess. ;)
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 2,676
Posted By coffeesnob
My indy fixed mine for about $250 if I remember...

My indy fixed mine for about $250 if I remember correctly.

I think you can get them on Ebay for around $150.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 2,756
Posted By coffeesnob
Walmart - $75 - Free installation.

Walmart - $75 - Free installation.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 2,676
Posted By coffeesnob
Turning ignition on and off a few times until...

Turning ignition on and off a few times until normal was my "work around".
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 2,676
Posted By coffeesnob
Had the same problem with my 540i...faulty...

Had the same problem with my 540i...faulty ignition switch.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Replies: 34
Views: 6,866
Posted By coffeesnob
I had same problem, new ball joints fixed my...

I had same problem, new ball joints fixed my shaking.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Replies: 26
Views: 9,607
Posted By coffeesnob
I had ball joint replaced last week on my X5, had...

I had ball joint replaced last week on my X5, had same problem, alignment did the trick.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,338
Posted By coffeesnob
No noise, just vibration. My 540i vibrated...

No noise, just vibration.

My 540i vibrated AND made noise in curves and turned out to be wheel bearings.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 3,172
Posted By coffeesnob
Thanks Weasel, I will just go to the dealer then.

Thanks Weasel, I will just go to the dealer then.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,338
Posted By coffeesnob
New ball joint solved my shaking.

My X5 had a shaking when breaking hard and going through right curves at 45mph+.

New front LH ball joint fixed it. Waiting for an alignment now.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 3,172
Posted By coffeesnob
I think I will take it to the dealer when I get...

I think I will take it to the dealer when I get time during the day (I am a small business owner and they are 50 miles away).

I was hoping they could just tell me if it is bad or not for free. If...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-01-2010, 08:21 AM
Replies: 14
Views: 3,172
Posted By coffeesnob
Yea, dash lights all come on. It just does not...

Yea, dash lights all come on. It just does not turn over engine.

I am going to take the key to a BMW dealer. Do they test keys for free?
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 03-31-2010, 12:50 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 3,172
Posted By coffeesnob
Key will not start X5 but locks/unlocks doors remotely

I have a 2001 X5 with two sets of keys. One set works great. The other set will remotely lock/unlock doors but will not start the vehicle.

I have done a search and did follow the initialization...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Replies: 157
Views: 47,678
Posted By coffeesnob
So, what kind of oil should I use in my...

So, what kind of oil should I use in my X5?...just kidding. :)
Forum: BMW SAV Items for Sale 02-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 3,557
Posted By coffeesnob
I would PM with a reasonable offer, but have no...

I would PM with a reasonable offer, but have no idea what they are worth. How much do you want for them?
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-25-2010, 09:36 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 1,936
Posted By coffeesnob
+1 for sunroof drains.

+1 for sunroof drains.
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:53 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.