Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: Stringbag
Forum: Bluetooth 08-10-2010, 01:45 AM
Replies: 39
Views: 19,977
Posted By Stringbag
Mine had the same, complete with Bluetooth ...

Mine had the same, complete with Bluetooth boards inside, but I never got it working. I bought a ULF in the end.
Anyway, back to yours.
As jochen explained to me the firmware that it runs may...
Forum: Bluetooth 05-17-2010, 05:15 AM
Replies: 33
Views: 18,666
Posted By Stringbag
Finally, here are the instructions from BMW. I...

Finally, here are the instructions from BMW.
I can't work out how to upload a copy here - the file is just a bit bigger than the max allowed on the forum, so here is a link....
Forum: Bluetooth 05-17-2010, 05:11 AM
Replies: 33
Views: 18,666
Posted By Stringbag
UPDATE

Well, despite Jochen's best efforts I can't get the TCU that I bought to pair via bluetooth. If you want to use this method, then I suggest that you avoid the WCDT TCUs - avoid these part numbers:
...
Forum: Navigation System 05-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 2,118
Posted By Stringbag
Does it only reboot when you have a map cd in it?...

Does it only reboot when you have a map cd in it? Try running it without the disc for a while. If it is stable, chances are you Need a new laser. The same happened to me - unit reboots and spits out...
Forum: Bluetooth 04-21-2010, 08:17 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 11,665
Posted By Stringbag
Yes, you need to code it. I Have an adaptor on...

Yes, you need to code it. I Have an adaptor on order (thanks bob) and I'll post the results.
Forum: Bluetooth 04-20-2010, 03:53 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 11,665
Posted By Stringbag
2 mins. Not bad! Just registered on their site...

2 mins. Not bad!
Just registered on their site but can't check out as the minimum order is £20. The part is £1.09!
Anyone live near them or going to order anything soon?
Forum: Bluetooth 04-20-2010, 03:41 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 11,665
Posted By Stringbag
Thanks for your reply. Can I suggest something...

Thanks for your reply. Can I suggest something which might also solve my problem?
First of all you need to turn Bluetooth on in the new tcu. You can do this using navcoder. I suggest that you buy...
Forum: Bluetooth 04-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 11,665
Posted By Stringbag
MY TCU looks nothing like that on the inside! ...

MY TCU looks nothing like that on the inside!
The following detail is just for info really. Hopefully someone might find it useful!
On the sticker on the front it says:
84116978533-01
16921111...
Forum: Bluetooth 04-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Replies: 24
Views: 12,107
Posted By Stringbag
Yes but I'm away from both the car and computer...

Yes but I'm away from both the car and computer for a week. Pm me your email address and I'll send you a pic - they are on my phone, which I have with me (and am writing this from!)
Forum: Bluetooth 04-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Replies: 24
Views: 12,107
Posted By Stringbag
Yep. I have a feeling it may involve inserting...

Yep. I have a feeling it may involve inserting something onto the slot on the tcu itself. A normal sim doesn't fit.
Forum: Bluetooth 04-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Replies: 24
Views: 12,107
Posted By Stringbag
Maybe I should have looked at your profile before...

Maybe I should have looked at your profile before posting!
Forum: Bluetooth 04-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Replies: 24
Views: 12,107
Posted By Stringbag
I have a tcu that you might want to try first. ...

I have a tcu that you might want to try first.
Mine is a new (remanufactured) one and it is one of the part numbers listed above. As you know I am having problems getting the Bluetooth to pair. ...
Forum: Bluetooth 04-03-2010, 05:58 AM
Replies: 33
Views: 18,666
Posted By Stringbag
For some reason Bluetooth is not transmitting....

For some reason Bluetooth is not transmitting. Two phones -a new and an old one can't see any blootooth signal from the car.
The only eject box I have is the old v50 one without a pairing button....
Forum: Bluetooth 04-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Replies: 33
Views: 18,666
Posted By Stringbag
Well, with a new beta by Jochen (massive thank...

Well, with a new beta by Jochen (massive thank you) I can now code my TCU.
However, I can't initiate pairing!
It displays 'telephone' on the nav screen, but when I select it, all it says is 'insert...
Forum: Bluetooth 03-27-2010, 06:06 AM
Replies: 33
Views: 18,666
Posted By Stringbag
Log file sent.

Log file sent.
Forum: Bluetooth 03-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Replies: 33
Views: 18,666
Posted By Stringbag
Thanks, I'll do it tomorrow morning.

Thanks, I'll do it tomorrow morning.
Forum: Bluetooth 03-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Replies: 33
Views: 18,666
Posted By Stringbag
Brian, I'm starting to think the same! Jochen,...

Brian, I'm starting to think the same!
Jochen, thanks for your help!
Okay, downloaded the latest (beta) navcoder.
select Code/Telephone
Click on 'Read ID'
Populates the data on top 2 lines,...
Forum: Bluetooth 03-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Replies: 33
Views: 18,666
Posted By Stringbag
Just checked - it is the latest.

Just checked - it is the latest.
Forum: Bluetooth 03-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Replies: 33
Views: 18,666
Posted By Stringbag
Ok. On the sticker on the front it says...

Ok. On the sticker on the front it says 84116978533-01
16921111
27.05.2007
BMW everest ibus ece
sw31 hw30
bt 00e00c5246a3
pk8084
imei 352etc
ejas001085. Sveibs22b4
Forum: Bluetooth 03-26-2010, 07:32 AM
Replies: 33
Views: 18,666
Posted By Stringbag
Thanks! Yes I bought the registered copy. ...

Thanks!
Yes I bought the registered copy.

Just for info, here is the full scan of the audio system, and below that is the ibus TEL-NAV only traffic from switch on for a couple of minutes.
...
Forum: Bluetooth 03-26-2010, 07:12 AM
Replies: 33
Views: 18,666
Posted By Stringbag
Yes, lots! The nav display recognises it too and...

Yes, lots! The nav display recognises it too and the telephone option has appeared.
Read ID fills the ID and control type boxes.
Read TCU doesn't seem to do anything!
Forum: Bluetooth 03-26-2010, 06:47 AM
Replies: 33
Views: 18,666
Posted By Stringbag
I did. Several times. The bluetooth boxes all...

I did. Several times. The bluetooth boxes all remain blank.
Forum: Bluetooth 03-26-2010, 06:41 AM
Replies: 33
Views: 18,666
Posted By Stringbag
Well, all plugged in and seems ok. However,...

Well, all plugged in and seems ok.
However, bluetooth is off and I can't turn it on with navcoder.
It correctly identifies the TCU, but when I tick the bluetooth box,the option to 'code TCU'...
Forum: Bluetooth 03-23-2010, 11:56 AM
Replies: 33
Views: 18,666
Posted By Stringbag
Great table, thanks - all looks good apart from...

Great table, thanks - all looks good apart from pin 51, which is a different colour again in the pictures of the plugs on the link above. (black).

I'll plug in as it is and try it - don't think...
Forum: Bluetooth 03-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Replies: 33
Views: 18,666
Posted By Stringbag
My 54pin plug is not a BIT II plug. From...

My 54pin plug is not a BIT II plug.

From what I have read in the links above and the sticky retrofit guide, I think it is compatible without mods, although I'm not 100% as it doesn't exactly match...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 28

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:28 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.