Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 158
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: PeterNYC
Forum: X3 (E83) Forum 05-25-2010, 08:36 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 6,893
Posted By PeterNYC
I found a place that gave me a quote of $150. I...

I found a place that gave me a quote of $150. I think that's for all 7 back windows. The place is in Brooklyn and has pretty good customer reviews.

Should I be wary that this is too cheap?
Forum: X3 (E83) Forum 05-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 6,893
Posted By PeterNYC
Yes...7. You're right. This is a shot from...

Yes...7. You're right.

This is a shot from the BMW site, so I assume it's "factory" tinting. That looks close to 20%. I'm going to try mimic this.

BMW North America...
Forum: X3 (E83) Forum 05-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 6,893
Posted By PeterNYC
Thx for the pics. I guess 20% is close to...

Thx for the pics. I guess 20% is close to factory. Are the front passenger windows tinted? When you say "all 7 rear windows" what do you mean. I may be missing something but I only count five (NOT...
Forum: X3 (E83) Forum 05-24-2010, 05:34 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 6,893
Posted By PeterNYC
Cool...thx for the tips I did ask the dealer...

Cool...thx for the tips

I did ask the dealer who they used/recommended but the dope on the phone had no idea/said he had no such list.

I'll try to get somebody there w/a brain
Forum: X3 (E83) Forum 05-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 6,893
Posted By PeterNYC
Thx. BMW of Manhattan (our shop) stopped...

Thx.

BMW of Manhattan (our shop) stopped doing it. I might be able to find a shop out on Long Island but it's a hassle.

So basically the lower you go % wise, the darker it is?

Do most people...
Forum: X3 (E83) Forum 05-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 6,893
Posted By PeterNYC
Thanks. So is that all I have to say? 20%? I...

Thanks. So is that all I have to say? 20%? I may do 18% since I've read that BMW factory settings are in some cases not dark enough.

I just don't want the super dark look
Forum: X3 (E83) Forum 05-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 6,893
Posted By PeterNYC
What Is The Factory Tint Setting For An '06 X3?

When we bought our 2006 X3 we didn't want/need the tinting/privacy glass that came from the factory.

Now we have a kid and a dog and in the backseat the sun gets hot. So I have to do an...
Forum: X3 (E83) Forum 06-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 4,321
Posted By PeterNYC
I just find mine this weekend....it's in the left...

I just find mine this weekend....it's in the left hand side of the glove box, near the top. Didn't realize it was there....and, frankly, not exactly the kind of thing I'd rely on in a time of need...
Forum: X3 (E83) Forum 06-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 4,321
Posted By PeterNYC
just took my 2006 X3 into the dealer today for...

just took my 2006 X3 into the dealer today for the annual service check up and when i asked the service rep he said "nope, I have an X3 there is no flashlight...."

???

Oh well
Forum: X3 (E83) Forum 05-28-2008, 08:07 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 4,321
Posted By PeterNYC
Hmmm....Didn't know there was a flashlight. Have...

Hmmm....Didn't know there was a flashlight. Have never seen it in my 06 X3. Will add it to the list when it take it in for yearly service.
Forum: X3 (E83) Forum 05-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 4,936
Posted By PeterNYC
That's odd FLAMEZ...The aux input jack in our X3...

That's odd FLAMEZ...The aux input jack in our X3 is in the glove box. I agree the arm rest would be easier, but the glove box is not too bad. I usually pick a play list and just close the glove box...
Forum: X3 (E83) Forum 05-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Replies: 16
Views: 3,576
Posted By PeterNYC
It is premature but with the amount of use the...

It is premature but with the amount of use the car gets (summer weekends and other than that city driving of trips that are 10 miles or less) I don't anticipate that the car will have more than...
Forum: X3 (E83) Forum 05-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 3,576
Posted By PeterNYC
Mine was a $47K sticker price as well, but it's...

Mine was a $47K sticker price as well, but it's an '06 with under 11,000 miles....Sadly, $30,000 sounds like a decent deal.

I'm hoping I can recoup 25g when I go to trade it in, probably late next...
Forum: X3 (E83) Forum 05-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 3,576
Posted By PeterNYC
I didn't mean to pick on the Yuukon. I just mean...

I didn't mean to pick on the Yuukon. I just mean I'd prefer to have an SUV with some precision and some handling, and some European guts.

Whatever happened to the idea of the X7? I may be...
Forum: X3 (E83) Forum 05-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 3,576
Posted By PeterNYC
We're really happy with the SAV and, really, at...

We're really happy with the SAV and, really, at this point it's a space issue, so I cannot see us going any direction but a bigger SUV. But I don't want/need a Tahoe or Denali or (God Forbid) an...
Forum: X3 (E83) Forum 05-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Replies: 16
Views: 3,576
Posted By PeterNYC
Hmmm....Not hopeful, but you're probably right. ...

Hmmm....Not hopeful, but you're probably right.

I've seen "my car" (with more miles) for sale on CarMax for nearly 29K, and a few sites that compute trade in value had it at about 25 to 26K, but...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 05-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Replies: 20
Views: 4,879
Posted By PeterNYC
Thanks MTECH I can't wait until 2013....I...

Thanks MTECH

I can't wait until 2013....I think it will be a 2010 or maybe 2011 model. When do you expect the twin turbos to roll out?

I hope they don't change it too much....the lines on the...
Forum: X3 (E83) Forum 05-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Replies: 16
Views: 3,576
Posted By PeterNYC
Low Mileage 2006 X3 3.0 Trade In Value??

Has anybody traded in their X3 (to the dealer) in order to upgrade/buy a new BWM?

Just curious as our family is growing and we'll likely be too big for the X3 in a year or so.

We have a 2006 X3...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 05-20-2008, 09:30 AM
Replies: 20
Views: 4,879
Posted By PeterNYC
I'm a current X3 owner but with kids on the way...

I'm a current X3 owner but with kids on the way (well one due soon plus we have a 2 yr old labrador retriever who weighs 75 pounds and needs a little space) I'm starting to think ahead....will likely...
Forum: X3 (E83) Forum 05-20-2008, 08:28 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 2,779
Posted By PeterNYC
Thanks x54....I've read the studies, etc. I don't...

Thanks x54....I've read the studies, etc. I don't think we'll be able to use the middle of the back, given other needs. And, I'd like to use the built in LATCH anchor points, which you cannot use in...
Forum: X3 (E83) Forum 05-19-2008, 10:37 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 2,779
Posted By PeterNYC
Thanks E5....we probably will place it in the...

Thanks E5....we probably will place it in the back, not in the front seat.

It's a Graco "Snug Fit" so I think it's quality. But if it is behind the passenger seat, on the right side, won't it be...
Forum: X3 (E83) Forum 05-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 2,779
Posted By PeterNYC
X3 and Baby Seats (and disabling air bags)

Hello all...

It's been a while since I've posted, but we're still loving our X3, and it's about to become a family wagon. My wife is due in about 3 weeks with our first child, and the X3 will be...
Forum: X3 (E83) Forum 07-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,742
Posted By PeterNYC
Touching up back bumper with BMW paint kit

Took the x3 for one year service and bought the BMW paint kit (it's primer and paint), matching to the color code

Just wondered if anybody had any tips before i do this...The service tech said I...
Forum: X3 (E83) Forum 10-21-2006, 09:51 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 2,088
Posted By PeterNYC
thanks donald...good tips we don't have black...

thanks donald...good tips
we don't have black bumpers...on the 06 X3 they are the same color as the car (in this case, gray) and it sure does show nicks and dings

I am thinking about taking it in...
Forum: X3 (E83) Forum 10-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 2,088
Posted By PeterNYC
well this car is only three months old,...

well this car is only three months old, so...We're not going to trade it in, just yet....So there is no way to touch up the back bumper?

Replacing it is an option, but an expensive one I'm sure
Showing results 1 to 25 of 158

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:45 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.