Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 48
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: lt_texan
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 09-13-2016, 02:03 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 4,579
Posted By lt_texan
Bump

Bump
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 08-23-2016, 07:14 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 9,926
Posted By lt_texan
Are people implying that when the pcv valve...

Are people implying that when the pcv valve fails, it allows the crankcase to see the full vacuum of the intake manifold? I thought that was the point all the time.

Also, this model does have a...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 08-23-2016, 07:11 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 9,926
Posted By lt_texan
I thought this was a common problem. Although I...

I thought this was a common problem. Although I can't imagine why.

The gasket was brittle and falling apart.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 08-23-2016, 03:49 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 4,579
Posted By lt_texan
So you'll just plug it yourself? What is the...

So you'll just plug it yourself?

What is the oem slime? Is that like fix a flat?

I've wondered what you do to get rid of the run flats.

Mine need replacing and I don't really want to buy...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 08-23-2016, 02:41 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 9,926
Posted By lt_texan
We just had our indy replace the cam cover...

We just had our indy replace the cam cover gaskets. These were in horrible shape. Brittle and oil leaking into the manifold. Really nice.

Now after the engine is good and warmed up, I get a...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 06-13-2016, 11:17 AM
Replies: 44
Views: 38,507
Posted By lt_texan
Just updated the title to make it easier to find

Just updated the title to make it easier to find
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-02-2015, 03:33 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 7,590
Posted By lt_texan
My panorama sun roof opening mechanisms broke...

My panorama sun roof opening mechanisms broke just a few days before the warranty expired. Dodged that bullet.

Water pump went out of warranty. (Repaired myself.)

Rear air springs went out of...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-02-2015, 03:23 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 5,700
Posted By lt_texan
I hope this is for any engine EXCEPT the 3.0L 6???

I hope this is for any engine EXCEPT the 3.0L 6???
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 07-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 31,167
Posted By lt_texan
The spec was on my spear plug box. It was right...

The spec was on my spear plug box. It was right next to the gap spec.

22 lb/ft. Or is that ft/lb
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 07-05-2014, 05:37 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 31,167
Posted By lt_texan
Great write up. I used it today to change my...

Great write up.

I used it today to change my plugs.

I found it best to remove the lower air filter housing.

It just sits on 4 grommets. (Just let the upper hang there.)

I couldn't get...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 07-05-2014, 09:59 AM
Replies: 78
Views: 35,527
Posted By lt_texan
Same on my wife's X5. And the front passenger...

Same on my wife's X5. And the front passenger seat is rarely occupied.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 05-13-2013, 07:37 PM
Replies: 44
Views: 38,507
Posted By lt_texan
No problem, glad it was helpful. What's a...

No problem, glad it was helpful.

What's a cel light?

seriously.....I didn't set mine (if I have one).
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 5,537
Posted By lt_texan
Two Stage Brake Light Socket Burned

Twice now, I've had the left brake light (the top one) go out and the mechanic say that the socket is damaged from heat.

First time I took it in to BMW under warrant.

I argued, and lost, that...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 11-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Replies: 60
Views: 26,963
Posted By lt_texan
I wish my 6 cylinder had a dipstick. ...

I wish my 6 cylinder had a dipstick.

Foolproof. Or so I thought.

JCL gives good advice.

But take it in for an oil change now. No option there.

And have the mechanic check the level.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 11-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Replies: 60
Views: 26,963
Posted By lt_texan
I'm sure I overfilled the oil. I didn't ask...

I'm sure I overfilled the oil.

I didn't ask the tech to measure the oil drained when they changed it.

All is still good with it.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Replies: 20
Views: 16,218
Posted By lt_texan
I don't.

I don't.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Replies: 20
Views: 16,218
Posted By lt_texan
The real value of this type of forum is for...

The real value of this type of forum is for existing members to have access to this information.

Keeping these threads live and updated benefits people like me who read it for its content even...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 09-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Replies: 20
Views: 16,218
Posted By lt_texan
The oil filter cap has the torque spec printed on...

The oil filter cap has the torque spec printed on top of it.

Says you need a special tool, but I used one of those rubber strap wrenches (xmas gift from dear ole Mom).

It also has an arrow...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 09-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 4,589
Posted By lt_texan
Good luck. But I have a 3L so not much help...

Good luck. But I have a 3L so not much help here. But is the alternator over on that side. Sounds like a good guess.

I was told that the alternator is cooled by the engine coolant. A real...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 09-24-2012, 08:36 PM
Replies: 0
Views: 1,287
Posted By lt_texan
Engine Light Code Reader - erasing codes

I've had an Actron code reader for some time.

The engine light came on on my 2007 X5 3.0L.

The reader displayed two codes (the same code, one with "pending")
P0442 EVAP Emission Control System...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 06-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Replies: 44
Views: 38,507
Posted By lt_texan
Absolutely. Save a almost a grand and get it...

Absolutely. Save a almost a grand and get it done quicker!

Make sure you get the right water pump! :D
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 05-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Replies: 44
Views: 38,507
Posted By lt_texan
No problem. Figure I save close to grand. And up...

No problem. Figure I save close to grand. And up and running on the night of the day BMW would have taken it in!
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 05-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Replies: 44
Views: 38,507
Posted By lt_texan
Well let's see how this one holds up.

Well let's see how this one holds up.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 05-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Replies: 44
Views: 38,507
Posted By lt_texan
Parts from ECS arrived today. So I left work at...

Parts from ECS arrived today. So I left work at 5pm (to avoid the Occupy Wall Street March) and come home to slap 'em in.

First time ever my wife was excited to see car parts delivered! (Her...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Replies: 44
Views: 38,507
Posted By lt_texan
Got the thermostat housing and water pump out. ...

Got the thermostat housing and water pump out. Wasn't so bad. An hour or 1 1/2 hours tops.

Couple pics along the way...

Up a bit on stands just to get some room....
Showing results 1 to 25 of 48

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:00 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.