Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 162
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: BigLion
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-07-2022, 05:24 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 1,700
Posted By BigLion
For sure I'll use some compound to preserve the...

For sure I'll use some compound to preserve the finish, but at least it was a good start to renew the colour, and much less effort than polishing with a rotary tool!
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-04-2022, 11:32 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 1,700
Posted By BigLion
Cool - I was wondering what might be good to seal...

Cool - I was wondering what might be good to seal the bare plastic...

Thank you! :thumbup:
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-04-2022, 11:16 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 1,700
Posted By BigLion
Torchin' muh plastic!

This is not a thread about maxing out my credit cards (although that is also a thing) - I had Burly up on the ramp last weekend and I noticed that the white oxidation on the plastic trim (next to the...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-04-2022, 10:42 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 2,642
Posted By BigLion
Well, it's a real pleasure to drive, once again!!...

Well, it's a real pleasure to drive, once again!!

Another busted oil cooler was hopefully the last of the sequelae of the combustion leak and it had plenty of mayo in both sides. That brown stuff...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 03-20-2022, 02:13 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 2,642
Posted By BigLion
Hey guys - big update here since I haven't had...

Hey guys - big update here since I haven't had the requisite Moolah to sort out the combustion leak until last week - got the car back and I'm nearly all smiles again....

Just to reiterate I'm in...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 03-20-2022, 01:42 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 1,278
Posted By BigLion
Like my 9 and 15 year old kids wouldn't shear...

Like my 9 and 15 year old kids wouldn't shear those off in seconds :rofl::rofl:

I highly doubt that guy got much of a sniff in the baby department :bustingup
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 03-20-2022, 01:27 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 1,278
Posted By BigLion
I couldn't get past more than 4 minutes... the...

I couldn't get past more than 4 minutes... the tweeters on the back door handles were just vomit, then he's got a wardrobe sub in the back

Horrific
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 03-20-2022, 01:18 AM
Replies: 1,144
Views: 280,459
Posted By BigLion
What else would we drive, anyway? :rofl::rofl: ...

What else would we drive, anyway? :rofl::rofl:

We have a much bigger choice of SAVs here in the UAE than I would in the UK and still; either you go cheaper (VW Tuareg, Ford Explorer, Toyota...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 03-19-2022, 11:42 AM
Replies: 1,144
Views: 280,459
Posted By BigLion
@Propellerhead, you're just slightly ahead of me...

@Propellerhead, you're just slightly ahead of me there, Bruv!
(This is in Kilometers, of course :D)

Good to see you around :thumbup:
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 12-25-2021, 09:24 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 756
Posted By BigLion
To all you fine gentlemen and your loved ones -...

To all you fine gentlemen and your loved ones - Merry Christmas!!
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-27-2021, 12:45 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 2,642
Posted By BigLion
You're right - I should have done that test by...

You're right - I should have done that test by now and I'm fairly convinced there is a head gasket leak as it would agree with all the symptoms... would be pertinent to take it down today to the...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-26-2021, 11:07 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 705
Posted By BigLion
Agree - I was quite cheesed off when I saw how...

Agree - I was quite cheesed off when I saw how one of those little plastic ball joints on the sensor could throw the whole system off as well.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-26-2021, 07:51 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 2,642
Posted By BigLion
Yes - panic over, lads - spent the first three...

Yes - panic over, lads - spent the first three hours of my weekend tracing all the info about antennas, modules and their wiring, then decided that I'll have a go pinching the black coax lead from...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-22-2021, 12:52 AM
Replies: 17,763
Views: 4,207,504
Posted By BigLion
I'll let my daughter start it tomorrow morning -...

I'll let my daughter start it tomorrow morning - today she noticed there was some vapour from the exhaust on startup, so I guess the lid's gotta come off the engine ASAP...

Funnily enough, I...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-21-2021, 04:09 PM
Replies: 17,763
Views: 4,207,504
Posted By BigLion
The water temp gauge never seems to move - it's...

The water temp gauge never seems to move - it's always at 'normal'; the engine oil temp is taking longer to reach operating temperature from a cold start, and always shows just less than 100C

Last...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-21-2021, 03:58 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 2,642
Posted By BigLion
There's definitely something sus with my modules...

There's definitely something sus with my modules rn... the FSW_PSW.trc file is showing DSC5.7 is coded with 'wert_11' - I don't think there is a Value_11 :dunno:

.. and CODIERWERT_DXC_8: wert_11;...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-21-2021, 12:56 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 2,642
Posted By BigLion
Things I’m not happy with: • No satellites...

Things I’m not happy with:

• No satellites found for the GPS – that’s gotta be an easy next job, right?
• The front suspension is a little bit higher than the back. I wouldn’t mind if it was the...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-21-2021, 12:47 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 2,642
Posted By BigLion
That'll do mate :D

That'll do mate :D
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-21-2021, 12:46 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 2,642
Posted By BigLion
Back to now; Things I’m happy with: • I...

Back to now; Things I’m happy with:

• I recently picked up a new 16:9 Boardmonitor head unit from a dusty pile of electronic parts wrapped in cling-film. Wiped it down and installed it and it...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-21-2021, 12:31 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 2,642
Posted By BigLion
Angry The Good, the Bad, and the Burly - Intro, Gallery and Updates

I’m thinking it’s about time to make a thread here for Burly, the Imola red troublemaker, breaker of budgets and hearts, since I just looked back on the first Group drive I did here in Abu Dhabi in...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-20-2021, 03:30 PM
Replies: 17,763
Views: 4,207,504
Posted By BigLion
Nice video! I cleared the error codes and...

Nice video!

I cleared the error codes and this was the result with key in position 2 without starting the engine;


E R R O R M E M O R Y R E P O R T
...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-20-2021, 02:24 AM
Replies: 17,763
Views: 4,207,504
Posted By BigLion
Hi BCRed... sorry for the obtuse message before -...

Hi BCRed... sorry for the obtuse message before - you're right, I have a bunch of heat/ cooling related error codes; I finally found 'the easy way' to extract the report from INPA!! (although the...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-19-2021, 12:26 AM
Replies: 1,144
Views: 280,459
Posted By BigLion
I'm sure the White Witch is related to Burly cos...

I'm sure the White Witch is related to Burly cos he just went through 236,666 - I just missed the photo by 3 km! :rofl:
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-18-2021, 03:34 AM
Replies: 17,763
Views: 4,207,504
Posted By BigLion
"Your symptoms match a head gasket leak that is...

"Your symptoms match a head gasket leak that is allowing exhaust gas to get into the coolant and over-pressurizing the coolant systems."


Thanks Andrew - I'm planning on getting one of those kits...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-15-2021, 03:58 PM
Replies: 17,763
Views: 4,207,504
Posted By BigLion
Any particular module to...

Any particular module to check?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211115/938c6755ade70b1a736a185fe4b596d0.jpg

Sent from my BBF100-6 using Tapatalk
Showing results 1 to 25 of 162

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:50 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.