Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 94
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: stevekat
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-26-2022, 08:40 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 2,220
Posted By stevekat
Thank you for the clarification/detail on the...

Thank you for the clarification/detail on the date/vehicle configurationn for the new version valve.

I think you can (vaguely) reach the vacuum connection at the rear of the intake manifold that...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-26-2022, 05:03 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 2,220
Posted By stevekat
Retrofitted Secondary Air Valve without vacuum...

Retrofitted Secondary Air Valve without vacuum port, with original air supply hose reversed.

Hose angles are much better, and more clearance to the AC hose.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-26-2022, 04:32 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 2,220
Posted By stevekat
As a follow up, I ordered and installed Secondary...

As a follow up, I ordered and installed Secondary Air Valve 11727553067 manufactured by Pierburg, that omits the vacuum port. If you blow into the inlet, the valve opens. This valve uses the air pump...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-24-2022, 07:53 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 2,220
Posted By stevekat
Retrofit new style M54 3.0 6cyl Secondary Air Valve Without Vacuum Port?

I was just now able to get my Secondary Air Monitor to set by applying manual suction (vacuum) directly to the Secondary Air Valve on the exhaust manifold when starting the car from cold.

Rather...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-24-2022, 07:43 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 838
Posted By stevekat
Thanks. So applying suction to the line and...

Thanks. So applying suction to the line and finding it open at rest is not really a diagnostic.

I was just now able to get my Secondary Air Monitor to set by applying suction (vacuum) directly...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-24-2022, 05:44 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 838
Posted By stevekat
Secondary Air Monitor Not Setting

Had taken care of multiple ODBII codes on my M54 6cyl. I was trying to avoid resetting the system, but my P1083 and P1085 codes would not go away after about 100 miles, though the Check Engine light...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-18-2022, 08:08 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 2,507
Posted By stevekat
Did not check the dipstick o-ring or do a smoke...

Did not check the dipstick o-ring or do a smoke test.

But I think I caught all the issues popping the codes. Shortly after my initial post, after a bit of driving, the 'Check Engine Soon' light...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-17-2022, 09:09 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 2,507
Posted By stevekat
P1083 and P1085 Codes Only - Others resolved

Had a bunch of codes (7 - 9 codes.) Tracked down a bad coil, a split CCV oil return line, bad DISA, some worn vacuum hoses, and a suspect vacuum cap. Corrected All.

The P0171 and P0174 went away...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-15-2020, 09:09 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 1,848
Posted By stevekat
Good to know.

Good to know.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-15-2020, 04:02 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 1,848
Posted By stevekat
It was situational. Do not intend to repeat. ...

It was situational. Do not intend to repeat. And had not done before.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-15-2020, 12:56 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 1,848
Posted By stevekat
Thanks for the feedback. Good to have...

Thanks for the feedback. Good to have confirmation that keeping it in for a shorter cycle of 2000 - 3000 miles should be OK.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-15-2020, 03:57 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 1,848
Posted By stevekat
Conventional Oil for one change cycle

I had planned to have the oil changed in my 2003 e53 3.0L. I had ordered some Rotella T6, but it did not arrive on time.

Because I had the time reserved I decided to let Jiffy Lube do this one,...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-18-2019, 03:53 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,445
Posted By stevekat
Thanks. A case of brain fade and partially...

Thanks. A case of brain fade and partially juxtaposing my prior E34 M Touring and the E53 X5!

Good and informative link. Looks like two different generations of comms, and not a worthwhile...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-18-2019, 03:50 AM
Replies: 22
Views: 8,838
Posted By stevekat
I recall buying an inexpensive rotary hammer from...

I recall buying an inexpensive rotary hammer from Harbor Freight, with a pointy bit, and that drove the splined axle from the hub forthwith.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-17-2019, 08:35 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,445
Posted By stevekat
x70 Sport Seat into e54 (with Sport Package but no Sport Seats)

I'd like to determine whether I can swap X70 Sport Seats into my e53 with Sport Package with no Sport Seats, as plug and play, or relatively so.

My seat options are:

S459A Seat Adjuster...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 05-13-2019, 10:53 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 1,837
Posted By stevekat
In my view, but obviously without calculation,...

In my view, but obviously without calculation, the OEM hitch may or may not seem to be superior torsionally. The OEM hitch is robust, but seems to have four long bolts configured in a horizontal...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 05-13-2019, 09:30 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 1,837
Posted By stevekat
Hitch Receiver e53 OEM vs aftermarket

I have seen this topic somewhat beat to death, but I have not seen any associated hard evidence on the topic, just rhetoric.

I want to carry a dual sport bike to the dirt roads using a carrier. ...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-17-2017, 12:16 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,984
Posted By stevekat
Thanks. It was near the evap valve, and I just...

Thanks. It was near the evap valve, and I just popped a p4055 code, so thought I'd explore the idea that this hose might be something that was disconnected.

I am defaulting to the idea that my...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-16-2017, 08:42 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,984
Posted By stevekat
Small vacuum type hose identify

Can you identify this small vacuum type hose on my 2003 E53 X5. It is just below the top of the oil dipstick tube. I cannot tell if this is a vent, if something is missing, if it is disconnected,...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-15-2017, 11:09 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,157
Posted By stevekat
Kudos. I think I could muster the effort...

Kudos.

I think I could muster the effort if the only option were a $200 BMW regulator. But for the $20 - $39 replacement, I demurred.

That being said, we'll see how the new aftermarket...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-15-2017, 10:13 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,157
Posted By stevekat
Rear Window Regulator Clips

I had both rear window regulator clips failr simultaneously on my E53 X5 when I lowered my rear windows after a long time not doing so.

Since I had success with front clips I ordered a...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 05-08-2016, 11:12 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,168
Posted By stevekat
I think I figured this out...It was to some...

I think I figured this out...It was to some degree the 'white clip' from eBay that squeasel refers. The usually black clip that fits in the hole in the glass has a lip that must fit over top of the...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 05-08-2016, 04:35 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,168
Posted By stevekat
Clips Changed - Window gets stuck again

My driver's window got stuck down. Took door apart, saw damaged clip that attaches to wire. Got window up, ordered new clips for cable, and new inserts for attaching clips to windows glass. ...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-24-2016, 06:57 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 5,977
Posted By stevekat
Power Steering Symptoms - Failure or something else

My power steering was making a very low level hum for a long time. My sister borrowed the X5 and it came back very loud, and the steering assist impaired. It is the typical power steering sound...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-29-2013, 04:09 AM
Replies: 46
Views: 7,272
Posted By stevekat
The question is it incompetence, malfeasance or...

The question is it incompetence, malfeasance or both.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 94

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:32 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.