Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: DavidClass
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-12-2015, 02:50 PM
Replies: 142
Views: 81,686
Posted By DavidClass
Correct fix is in the eyes of the wallet holder.....

Correct fix is in the eyes of the wallet holder.. Sittin' pretty at 195,000 miles with Lucas, looking and running like new... 30,000 miles on mine since started using Lucas. I expect to make it to...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-06-2015, 05:06 PM
Replies: 142
Views: 81,686
Posted By DavidClass
Excellent. let us know which way you go

Excellent. let us know which way you go
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-06-2015, 03:37 PM
Replies: 142
Views: 81,686
Posted By DavidClass
I went back and read some of that thread from the...

I went back and read some of that thread from the Lucas link above. Pretty funny stuff. I'd wager that none of them that hate it, ever had or saw a Lucas oil caused engine failure. I read lots of...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-06-2015, 03:26 PM
Replies: 142
Views: 81,686
Posted By DavidClass
I can't debate anyone on this thread because I...

I can't debate anyone on this thread because I don't know what it does or how it does it. its magic maybe. I know what it did for me. I've driven it pretty hard for 30,000 miles in two years,...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-06-2015, 11:53 AM
Replies: 142
Views: 81,686
Posted By DavidClass
I hope I don't duplicate here. I fat-fingered...

I hope I don't duplicate here. I fat-fingered the keyboard and lost my reply.

I have 195,000 miles now and no smoke, ever. not even a puff. I starting putting in Lucas around 165,000, right...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 11-11-2014, 04:18 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 4,784
Posted By DavidClass
Don't let anyone balance tires without your...

Don't let anyone balance tires without your supervision... They will throw the wheel up on the threads of the balancer and slide your wheel across them. Busts the edges of the powder coat right at...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-03-2014, 05:16 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 2,239
Posted By DavidClass
You just went beyond my knowledge. For some...

You just went beyond my knowledge. For some reason, some idiot lost one of the keys to my car before I bought it. So I have one and the plastic valet key which is in my remote starter override. ...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-30-2014, 10:15 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 2,239
Posted By DavidClass
DaveBMW, I'd pull that switch out and clean it. ...

DaveBMW, I'd pull that switch out and clean it. zero dollars, 2 hours max. There are 3 terminals that control various electrical functions. Mine has been flawless for a couple of days now.

good...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-28-2014, 09:13 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 2,239
Posted By DavidClass
I took the switch out tonight and studied it for...

I took the switch out tonight and studied it for a moment. There are 6 contact points that open and close to let power through. The red wires in the middle of the switch are always hot. The big...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-28-2014, 08:42 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 2,239
Posted By DavidClass
Nope, just had back surgery and not ready to...

Nope, just had back surgery and not ready to wrestle with the steering column. I might on Saturday if I can lean forward enough. I did drive it last night though, and miss it alot. It wouldn't...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-27-2014, 04:56 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 2,239
Posted By DavidClass
Mine is doing it as we type here. I've...

Mine is doing it as we type here. I've researched and found an article on how to take the switch apart and clean it for free. $39 to 89 for a new switch.
Part# 61 32 6 901 962. Make sure its the...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-27-2014, 04:30 PM
Replies: 142
Views: 81,686
Posted By DavidClass
No oil leaks that I'm aware of. Just plain old...

No oil leaks that I'm aware of. Just plain old worn valve seals. The CCV is fine with the occasional cleaning out of the peanut butter. I thought that was the original fix and it didn't do...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-27-2014, 02:57 PM
Replies: 142
Views: 81,686
Posted By DavidClass
I figure since it works perfectly, that adding 25...

I figure since it works perfectly, that adding 25 dollars to each oil change to make it, and me, happy, is a good trade off. Actually, its not really adding 25 dollars now that I think about; ...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-27-2014, 10:56 AM
Replies: 142
Views: 81,686
Posted By DavidClass
Lucas Oil Will Fix Your Smoking X

I know this is an old post, but...
I'm finally a member on this site and this is my first post. I bought my X5 with 164,000 miles and the dealer tricked me into buying this smoking monster. The...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:14 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.