Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: naka
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 17,428
Posted By naka
Based on information from the Global website, the...

Based on information from the Global website, the 4.8i and the 3.5d could potentially tow 7,700 lbs.

But here in the US, BMWNA only offers a Class III hitch which significantly limits the amount...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 17,428
Posted By naka
Agree. In the case of the 30, engine and...

Agree. In the case of the 30, engine and transmission are probably the limiting factors. But in the Diesel and V8, the hitch must limit higher capacity here in the US.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 2,086
Posted By naka
108 C!!! Damn! That's well above water boiling...

108 C!!! Damn! That's well above water boiling point (100 C)!! I feel better now that mine runs cooler than that. But still, compared to the other two M cars, it seems to run 20+ degrees celsius...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 2,086
Posted By naka
Thanks for your response. Yes, I did all that. I...

Thanks for your response. Yes, I did all that. I always work on my cars, so I knew of that possibility. As I mentioned before, I even took it to the dealership but they couldn't find anything wrong...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 17,428
Posted By naka
Why is it different to the European capacity? Is...

Why is it different to the European capacity? Is it the hitch design then?
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-20-2009, 09:00 AM
Replies: 20
Views: 5,135
Posted By naka
Must be the valvetronic engine. I have an E53...

Must be the valvetronic engine. I have an E53 4.8is and get similar gas mileage.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-20-2009, 02:05 AM
Replies: 572
Views: 176,796
Posted By naka
http://img.worldcarfans.com/2009/2/large/bmw-x5-fa...

http://img.worldcarfans.com/2009/2/large/bmw-x5-facelift-spy-photo.jpg

Agree. You can clearly see the oil cooler right below the license plate. You can easily tell is an oil cooler as it is quite...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-20-2009, 01:40 AM
Replies: 17
Views: 17,428
Posted By naka
Please clarify Towing capacity on 35d

Can somebody please clarify the Towing capacity of the X5?

I looked on the US website, have one their catalogues and no information is given.

On this forum, the consensus seems to be 6,000...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 3,043
Posted By naka
Before you go buy anything, make sure the fuse is...

Before you go buy anything, make sure the fuse is fine.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-19-2009, 10:31 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 2,086
Posted By naka
4.8is running hot?

After changing the coolant, I accessed the hidden OBD II menu on the dashboard to closely monitor the coolant temperature (TEST N. 07)
...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 7,998
Posted By naka
I believe fluid is different if you have an...

I believe fluid is different if you have an X-drive transfer case. IIRC, it would be from 2004 on. TIS recommends BMW transfer case in this situation.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 2,563
Posted By naka
Not too long ago, I also looked into those wheels...

Not too long ago, I also looked into those wheels for a winter setup. But then, I realized that they may look too "busy". Or, as a girl told me, "too much finesse for a truck". And she was right.
...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-11-2006, 02:00 AM
Replies: 22
Views: 10,327
Posted By naka
Disagree. Performance wise (per BMWNA): ...

Disagree.

Performance wise (per BMWNA):

E70 4.8i 0-60mph in 6.4 secs.
E53 4.8is 0-60mph in 5.9 secs.

Price wise:

E70 4.8i with sport, premium and winter packages: $65,000
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-01-2006, 03:05 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 3,145
Posted By naka
He never stated the Diamaris were bad. He was...

He never stated the Diamaris were bad. He was asking whether there were better options than the OEM tires.

What he indeed stated, was the fact that OEM tires are usually not as good as they could...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:45 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.