Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: garagelogician
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-11-2019, 06:50 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,430
Posted By garagelogician
I've never dealt with those connectors, but if...

I've never dealt with those connectors, but if they are anything like most connectors that BMW (and others) use...you will want to squeeze on the sides, push in (while still squeezing), then pull...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-21-2018, 02:38 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 1,665
Posted By garagelogician
This is a pretty good write-up (with photos) for...

This is a pretty good write-up (with photos) for reference: https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1502982
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-21-2018, 01:56 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 1,665
Posted By garagelogician
Did you get the shift lever back in the correct...

Did you get the shift lever back in the correct position when reinstalling the mechatronics unit?
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-10-2018, 01:22 PM
Replies: 1,168
Views: 323,120
Posted By garagelogician
I'm planning on doing this fairly soon. Are you...

I'm planning on doing this fairly soon. Are you stock otherwise? How does it do with throttle tip-in when taking off from a stop? I hate how lazy the stock tune is.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-04-2018, 12:38 AM
Replies: 21
Views: 7,679
Posted By garagelogician
Does this also disable adaptive headlights with...

Does this also disable adaptive headlights with Carly? I'm trying to keep my adaptive headlights, but I don't want the fogs to come on when turning the wheel or using the turn signal.

I have the...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 11-29-2018, 04:12 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 5,833
Posted By garagelogician
This can be done from up top, no need to remove...

This can be done from up top, no need to remove the wheel or anything like that. You have to work blind, but it can be done.

As for the spring retainer clip, that is for the early pre-LCI models....
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 11-29-2018, 12:27 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 5,833
Posted By garagelogician
Anyone have any other info on this? I read...

Anyone have any other info on this? I read somewhere that some of these are just a pull to remove (friction fit) type thing.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-09-2018, 01:40 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 1,586
Posted By garagelogician
I never really hear anything while driving, but...

I never really hear anything while driving, but there are some various noises like you describe after shutting it off and while walking away. I figured they are mostly HVAC related, and I think there...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 08-20-2018, 05:43 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 5,507
Posted By garagelogician
Come check out the FB group,...

Come check out the FB group, www.facebook.com/NABDOG
Beware though that they will probably rip on you for your M color grille pieces. :iagree:

There has been some controversy over BPC tunes,...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 08-20-2018, 10:56 AM
Replies: 8
Views: 1,563
Posted By garagelogician
I think the hood is recycled pop cans...some...

I think the hood is recycled pop cans...some automatic (touchless) car washes are scary to go through. The hood flexes like a mofo.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 07-25-2018, 10:27 AM
Replies: 20
Views: 3,983
Posted By garagelogician
To each their own, but I'm a sucker for factory...

To each their own, but I'm a sucker for factory wheels on BMWs. Aftermarket wheel styles just don't look right to me.

Have you checked these guys out? They are local to me. Free shipping in the...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 07-23-2018, 02:12 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 3,316
Posted By garagelogician
I've had something similar happen with my 2012...

I've had something similar happen with my 2012 35d. I'll have to pay attention to exactly what conditions cause it.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 06-13-2018, 10:51 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 6,804
Posted By garagelogician
That is where I'm at. I've frozen my hands for...

That is where I'm at. I've frozen my hands for far too many years (hate driving with winter gloves), so nothing could make me give up my heated sport wheel...definitely not flappy paddles anyways.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 05-23-2018, 09:36 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 5,249
Posted By garagelogician
Factory roof cross bar installation instructions

Does anyone have the instructions for installing the factory roof rack cross bars? I just picked up some used ones, so no instructions. I heard somewhere that there is specific positioning...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 05-22-2018, 11:47 AM
Replies: 8
Views: 1,697
Posted By garagelogician
The seals/sleeves shrink up and degrade over...

The seals/sleeves shrink up and degrade over time. Not really an "issue", just normal maintenance. The same ZF box has been used in other Ford/Lincoln vehicles (Navigator, F-150) and they need...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 05-21-2018, 03:59 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 1,697
Posted By garagelogician
I'm only familiar with the diesel M57 engine (and...

I'm only familiar with the diesel M57 engine (and even with that I'm a noob)...so I can't really comment on anything engine specific.

That said, most people recommend dropping the transmission...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-23-2018, 04:15 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 3,153
Posted By garagelogician
I have CA on my 2012. I do like it, it is nice to...

I have CA on my 2012. I do like it, it is nice to not have to fumble with keys, especially if you have your hands full. That said, I would not go through the trouble and expense to add it, if it...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-05-2018, 03:36 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,510
Posted By garagelogician
It isn't in the US, and I haven't heard of it...

It isn't in the US, and I haven't heard of it anywhere else either. I think this was just a test setup.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-01-2018, 03:33 PM
Replies: 200
Views: 93,395
Posted By garagelogician
If you haven't already, check out the North...

If you haven't already, check out the North American BMW Diesel Owners Group on FB. https://www.facebook.com/groups/NABDOG/
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-01-2018, 02:50 PM
Replies: 200
Views: 93,395
Posted By garagelogician
You mention crankcase pressure. Have you...

You mention crankcase pressure. Have you considered valve cover gaskets? Apparently it is a problem that has been cropping up.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-01-2018, 02:23 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 1,585
Posted By garagelogician
Harmonic balancer is a common failure item. They...

Harmonic balancer is a common failure item. They seem to last anywhere between 80k and 120k. Fluidampr has an aftermarket solution.

Make sure front driveshaft recall has been done.

Other tuning...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-24-2018, 05:17 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,347
Posted By garagelogician
I'd say the KBB range is right in the ballpark...

I'd say the KBB range is right in the ballpark for that year, mileage and options. You'd have to find the right buyer to get over $20k for it though I think.

If I was making you an offer (I'm in...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-19-2017, 01:48 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 7,184
Posted By garagelogician
Looks interesting. Any ability to delay start for...

Looks interesting. Any ability to delay start for glow plug functionality on X5D's?
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-17-2017, 10:48 AM
Replies: 17
Views: 6,667
Posted By garagelogician
This is usually the case. Glow plugs are just...

This is usually the case. Glow plugs are just resistive heating elements and are not prone to failure. My VW TDI is 17 years old with almost 300k miles and it still has the original glow plugs. Any...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 07-05-2017, 12:16 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 4,221
Posted By garagelogician
I know it is common British usage, but I read...

I know it is common British usage, but I read that with Edd China's voice in my head. :cool:
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:51 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.