Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 140
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: dadysev
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-07-2020, 09:54 PM
Replies: 36
Views: 27,933
Posted By dadysev
True! The 50mm nut came out easy with the right...

True! The 50mm nut came out easy with the right wrench. Thanks for all your help and your write up! I couldn't get the E brake cable out but i just suspended it on a trani stand.
Everything took me...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-04-2020, 09:21 PM
Replies: 36
Views: 27,933
Posted By dadysev
Thanks! last question. When you loosened the 50mm...

Thanks! last question. When you loosened the 50mm nut did you just use the tension on the trani to counter the 50 mm nut or did you grab the big 12 point flange? i know all the manuals say not to but...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-03-2020, 07:27 AM
Replies: 36
Views: 27,933
Posted By dadysev
Hello, just had the same happen to be on got a...

Hello, just had the same happen to be on got a used diff and I'm about to do the same repair.
What did you seal back the diff with? silicone?
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-26-2020, 10:46 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 1,980
Posted By dadysev
Rear door vapour barrier seal. they can sometimes...

Rear door vapour barrier seal. they can sometimes break down at the bottom and leak water on the mats on wet days.
I just repaired 2 trucks recently that did that.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-02-2020, 05:24 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 3,422
Posted By dadysev
Correct. Couldn’t remember the numbers !! Lol

Correct. Couldn’t remember the numbers !! Lol
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-02-2020, 04:24 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 3,422
Posted By dadysev
Oh boy. Good luck. The trani fluid is many the...

Oh boy. Good luck. The trani fluid is many the nicest smell either so don’t get caught thinking you have a burnt trani based on the smell. Let’s hope for the best. Remember to heat the trani up...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-29-2020, 07:41 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,774
Posted By dadysev
Glad to hear !! Good stuff !

Glad to hear !! Good stuff !
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-28-2020, 12:27 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 3,049
Posted By dadysev
Graphed my volatage and i'm always between 14.5...

Graphed my volatage and i'm always between 14.5 and 14.9.

I know its working good. Just worried more about the brushes ending there life when I'm on a long drive.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-26-2020, 10:15 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 3,049
Posted By dadysev
I'm going to. I know my alternator is charging...

I'm going to. I know my alternator is charging well. But i will scan it. i'm just paranoid.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-26-2020, 08:52 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 3,422
Posted By dadysev
Hopefully they did the update to the trani. i'm...

Hopefully they did the update to the trani. i'm sure its done.
There are tonnes of videos, for downloading and installing both INPA and ISTA/D.

Just google it. you will need at least 200 gigs...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-26-2020, 03:43 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 3,049
Posted By dadysev
Yea that is common. Same happened to my friends. ...

Yea that is common. Same happened to my friends.
Thanks.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-26-2020, 03:02 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 4,025
Posted By dadysev
Looks like you are somewhere close to me in the...

Looks like you are somewhere close to me in the GTA, as i deal with Canadian Auto Electric all the time.

Quick question, did any oil spill on the alternator and what was the mileage on the vehicle...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-26-2020, 02:26 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 3,422
Posted By dadysev
That and there is a software update for those...

That and there is a software update for those transmissions also. Not sure how much Carly shows but you will get the info for all the clutches using INPA or ISTA/D .
Also don't just go resetting...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-26-2020, 01:59 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 3,049
Posted By dadysev
4.8i Alternator life .

Hello, i have a 2007 4.8 with about 260K Km (160K miles) . I do some long distance driving with the family a few times a year, and I was just wondering if anyone has high mileage like me on the...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-24-2020, 08:03 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,774
Posted By dadysev
Flat side should be on the outside. The pic makes...

Flat side should be on the outside. The pic makes it look flipped inside out. And the beveled side should be facing the pipe side. I had to use lots of silicone and work it in the groove. It’s tricky...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-22-2020, 12:27 AM
Replies: 8
Views: 1,980
Posted By dadysev
Check the rear, rearward upper control arms,...

Check the rear, rearward upper control arms, (just did one of mine), upper front shock mounts, 3 plastic engine bay covers (run a long the firewall).
All i can think for now.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 02-22-2020, 12:18 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,774
Posted By dadysev
Are you talking about the flat one ? the inside...

Are you talking about the flat one ? the inside is slightly tapered to one side. I've done a few of these and own a 4.8 also. Silicone is your friend. you just have to work that flat O-ring...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-31-2020, 01:05 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 3,561
Posted By dadysev
I have a friends who's 2007 is doing the same...

I have a friends who's 2007 is doing the same thing. He swears its coming through the vapour barriers on the door. I'm going to check it in a couple weeks.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-26-2020, 09:32 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 2,441
Posted By dadysev
You will be fine. These are the worst cases and...

You will be fine. These are the worst cases and I have high mileage and still love it. I just drove the 2016 x5 3.5i (F15) and did not like it. Feels like the “BMW” is non existent in it. I do...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-25-2020, 11:58 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 2,441
Posted By dadysev
What he said! I love it and mine has about 253K...

What he said! I love it and mine has about 253K km but be prepared to fix a lot of leaks, front suspension, and little things here and there inside that may break. Plastic stuff. Great truck though....
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-23-2020, 07:31 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,121
Posted By dadysev
Forgot about that depending on where you live....

Forgot about that depending on where you live. These BMW's are heavily dependent on stable voltage of just over 12v. On my 11' 550i i had to deregister my battery to get rid of a lot of gremlins. I...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-22-2020, 11:49 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,121
Posted By dadysev
Any codes? do you see black smoke out the back...

Any codes? do you see black smoke out the back when it does start? If so leaky injectors.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-18-2020, 10:46 PM
Replies: 39
Views: 18,700
Posted By dadysev
My parking brake is fine. i just get Auto hold...

My parking brake is fine. i just get Auto hold Malfunction and when i scan with ISTA-D it shows "DSC - need to Code" . Tried that with iSTA-P and and icom but no luck.
i give up!
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-15-2020, 11:38 PM
Replies: 0
Views: 932
Posted By dadysev
E70 4.8i Front Diff Fluid issue

Hello, so i just did my wifes 2011 328xi front diff (similar setup) and it was straight forward. I saw a couple post for front diff fluid change on E70's but all were on 3.0 and it seems the 4.8 has...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-24-2019, 08:13 AM
Replies: 39
Views: 18,700
Posted By dadysev
So I tried this with one I got on amazon. A lot...

So I tried this with one I got on amazon. A lot said they had success but I got the yellow park symbol in the middle when I push auto hold. Did you ever figure it out ?
Showing results 1 to 25 of 140

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.