Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 106
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: v10rick
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 05-17-2010, 08:10 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 3,069
Posted By v10rick
Look here... BMW OBD-II Trouble Codes...

Look here...

BMW OBD-II Trouble Codes (http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/bmw/)

and here...

OBD-II Check Engine Light Trouble Codes (http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/)

There...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-07-2009, 08:53 AM
Replies: 43
Views: 6,176
Posted By v10rick
Quote Let's not even get into the argument of...

Quote
Let's not even get into the argument of X5 is such a great car, it is luxurious, blah blah blah, that a Civic is not etc... In the end they are manufactured by car companies, in car...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Replies: 21
Views: 5,343
Posted By v10rick
I was considering a Landrover at one point and...

I was considering a Landrover at one point and this is the the only company I could find that would cover it.

They have a A BBB rating with very few complaints.

Please check the BBB rating...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Replies: 43
Views: 6,176
Posted By v10rick
You got a great deal :thumbup: but when you...

You got a great deal :thumbup: but when you consider all the economic gloom and doom in the news back then it does not surprise me.

A Dealer would have given anything for a credit worthy customer...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 2,168
Posted By v10rick
Here is something I found on the web. I don't...

Here is something I found on the web. I don't have my X5 any longer so I cannot verify any of this...

The am antenna is located in the rear deck lid spoiler. It consists of a length of wire...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Replies: 43
Views: 6,176
Posted By v10rick
:iagree: Using CarFax to check VINs...over...

:iagree:

Using CarFax to check VINs...over 90% of the cars that I researched, listed in Auto Trader and Cars .com, were auction vehicles.

They must be getting these super cheap.

I just...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-02-2009, 12:15 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 2,168
Posted By v10rick
You would do better with a real radio attached to...

You would do better with a real radio attached to the dash with velcro, when your favorite games are broadcasting.

You could jack that radio into your real aftermarket sound system.

The...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Replies: 43
Views: 6,176
Posted By v10rick
What I found is most BMWs are leased...payments...

What I found is most BMWs are leased...payments would be unaffordable with conventional financing.

The few private listings on Autotrader were 5 or more years old with high mileage.

I am...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Replies: 43
Views: 6,176
Posted By v10rick
To maintain the same lease payment a new vehicle...

To maintain the same lease payment a new vehicle order must be in the works otherwise the payments are outrageous.:wow:
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 2,168
Posted By v10rick
Yes it is terrible and dont waste money trying to...

Yes it is terrible and dont waste money trying to make it better.

Subscribe to satellite radio and get an aftermarket shop to replace the speakers and install a sub amp.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Replies: 43
Views: 6,176
Posted By v10rick
One dealer quoted $34K to CPO my car for 2 years...

One dealer quoted $34K to CPO my car for 2 years and more miles than I would ever drive but that did not include new tires.

As a bonus BMW will finance at 5.9% for 3 years.:yawn:

They have...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Replies: 43
Views: 6,176
Posted By v10rick
And what was he selling prior to BMWs...furniture?

And what was he selling prior to BMWs...furniture?
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Replies: 43
Views: 6,176
Posted By v10rick
After speaking with several BMW dealers I came to...

After speaking with several BMW dealers I came to the same conclusion. The X5 is a great ride but the dealers and BMW need a reality check.

I researched aftermarket warranty programs...the...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Replies: 43
Views: 6,176
Posted By v10rick
Thanks for sharing your experience. It sounds...

Thanks for sharing your experience.
It sounds like you landed a great deal:thumbup:

I found a local broker who will search a car and then take you to the auction to check it out and purchase....
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Replies: 43
Views: 6,176
Posted By v10rick
My thoughts exactly. I searched Autotrader...

My thoughts exactly.

I searched Autotrader nationwide and found several X5 4.4s with NAV and other options for less money but most are on the West Coast.

Would you believe that the local...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Replies: 43
Views: 6,176
Posted By v10rick
NOVA that 31K offer was made by BMW Sterling, VOB...

NOVA that 31K offer was made by BMW Sterling, VOB Rockville and the dealer that has the car, Towson BMW in MD.

The strange part...I turned in the X5 late in the day on a Friday and there was not...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Replies: 43
Views: 6,176
Posted By v10rick
My friends I am sad to say good bye. BMW...

My friends I am sad to say good bye.

BMW financial would not change the $34K+ residual.

Two dealers offered to sell me my leased X5 for $31K but since the X was soon due for new tires...this...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 3,069
Posted By v10rick
I have used the Actron CP9125 to clear codes on...

I have used the Actron CP9125 to clear codes on the X5 and Dodge Viper.

Purchased at Advance Auto for about $70 bucks.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 7,978
Posted By v10rick
If you delete the checks, resets and inspects you...

If you delete the checks, resets and inspects you are left with...

Change engine oil and filter while engine is at normal operation temperature.
Clean brake pad contact points in calipers. ...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Replies: 43
Views: 6,176
Posted By v10rick
Tags I would be financing part of the balance. ...

Tags I would be financing part of the balance.

The build date on this X5 is Nov. of 2005...in dealers inventory for almost a year. It had 400mi on the clock when I took delivery.

The price...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Replies: 43
Views: 6,176
Posted By v10rick
Now that would be a bargin or a 10K + profit for...

Now that would be a bargin or a 10K + profit for the dealer if I accepted his offer.

Do you mind sharing the source?
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Replies: 43
Views: 6,176
Posted By v10rick
2 payments remaing on lease. What

would you guys do?

My 2006 X5 4.4 drives and looks like new and I would like to own it.

A nearby dealer quoted $31K and change but the two remaining lease payments are included in that...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 5,567
Posted By v10rick
To better answer...we need to know when the oil...

To better answer...we need to know when the oil was last changed.

BMW will change oil at 12mo intervals or when the last 1 or 2 bars are lit, whichever occurs first.

My dealer will rest...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Replies: 38
Views: 5,729
Posted By v10rick
Congrats :thumbup: If you live in Bethesda...

Congrats :thumbup:

If you live in Bethesda MD and drive mostly in that area you don't need snow tires IMO.

The X5 will amaze you...with the snow amounts we experience here.

I live in...
Forum: Dealer Info 07-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Replies: 44
Views: 15,056
Posted By v10rick
Oh my a thread from the past. My lease will...

Oh my a thread from the past.

My lease will end in Oct...some of this info may be helpful.

Would like to buy out my X5 4.4 but with a residual of 34K that would be a bad deal.

CPOs are on...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 106

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:25 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.