Forum: The Lounge
09-13-2020, 01:14 PM
|
|
Replies: 3
Views: 1,106
What X5 should I buy?
I think I talked myself out of the 50i, seems that it’s the headache of the trio. I do tow, and the salvage rebuild I have been driving (Chevy Traverse) is not up to the task.
So if you guys had...
|
Forum: The Lounge
09-12-2020, 10:07 PM
|
|
Replies: 3
Views: 1,106
What X5 should I buy?
Ok, so I sold my 07 X5 4.8i, and I am getting a newer one, maybe 2012 or so. I keep going back and fourth on engines.... do I want a diesel, the 35i or the big 50i? At first I was all about the...
|
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum
02-19-2020, 05:39 PM
|
|
Replies: 5
Views: 1,402
Heat only when RPMs are up
I don’t know if this is relevant, but I was just looking at live data on the scanner. First pic is when I’m stopped at a red light, second pic when I’m driving. Big difference, just have to figure...
|
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum
12-01-2019, 03:53 PM
|
|
Replies: 5
Views: 1,402
Heat only when RPMs are up
I took the old X5 out to pick up a xMas Tree today, and the window was not defrosting, and fogging up while driving. I put my hand in front of the vent cold air. I thought, she must be cold, but...
|
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum
11-25-2019, 09:06 PM
|
|
Replies: 33
Views: 6,533
|
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum
11-20-2019, 02:09 AM
|
|
Replies: 8
Views: 1,348
|
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum
11-20-2019, 02:05 AM
|
|
Replies: 33
Views: 6,533
Thinking about buying a Diesel X5
I’m having a rough time finding the right 35d. Found a few through the Manheim Auction in New Jersey, but they might be rough.
Is there a place I can list my existing 07 X5 4.8i on here for parts...
|
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum
11-19-2019, 01:39 PM
|
|
Replies: 33
Views: 6,533
|
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum
11-18-2019, 09:57 PM
|
|
Replies: 33
Views: 6,533
Thinking about buying a Diesel X5
OK, I think I am finally succumbing to the issues my X5 keeps having, and I think it might be time to move on to a slightly newer model year. This time I think I want to go with a 35d, but I want to...
|
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum
11-04-2019, 12:47 PM
|
|
Replies: 3
Views: 1,232
Winter Setup 255/55/18 to 235/55/18
My winter setup tires Blizzak 255/55/18 have no life left, and I have a set of 235/55/18 Blizzaks from another car that are in great shape. I was just curious if anyone might have ran this size on...
|
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum
10-21-2019, 07:48 PM
|
|
Replies: 6
Views: 4,062
I should have known to test it with all the...
I should have known to test it with all the accessories on. I will run that test in the AM.
I brought my battery into my local battery store, private owned good guys, and it was testing a bit on...
|
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum
10-10-2019, 10:19 PM
|
|
Replies: 6
Views: 4,062
|
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum
10-10-2019, 08:50 PM
|
|
Replies: 6
Views: 4,062
BMW ISTA/D alternator check
This is as far as I got until my laptop battery died. My diagnostic laptop is a relic:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191011/483c210447d74e6a8f45de9de820c0cc.jpg
Noticed this as well on a...
|
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum
10-10-2019, 07:34 PM
|
|
Replies: 6
Views: 4,062
BMW ISTA/D alternator check
Need to check my alternator, clock is always losing time, and the past couple days had some hard starts. Anyone know specifically where to test the alternator in ISTA/D?
Sent from my iPhone...
|
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum
09-05-2019, 10:40 PM
|
|
Replies: 1
Views: 1,274
4.8 Oil Leak Drivers Side
Chasing down an oil leak on my 07 4.8, at first it was just a few drops on the driveway, but has now turned into a spot instead of a drop. It is very noticeable when driving first thing in the...
|
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum
08-13-2019, 11:15 AM
|
|
Replies: 3
Views: 1,254
07 4.8 Ball Joint Removal
I am buying the full front end kit for my 07 X5, and dreading the removal of the ball joints. Had a really bad experience changing one lower arm last year, the ball joint did not want to break free....
|
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum
07-24-2019, 10:58 AM
|
|
Replies: 7
Views: 2,943
Well, knowing that it would not fix the issue I...
Well, knowing that it would not fix the issue I upgraded my reverse bulbs to a brighter LED version. Big difference in brightness, but still a crappy picture on the backup camera at night. Would be...
|
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum
07-19-2019, 09:14 AM
|
|
Replies: 38
Views: 7,512
|
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum
07-19-2019, 08:04 AM
|
|
Replies: 7
Views: 2,943
Backup Camera, Issues or poor quality can
Ok, so I have to ask this question. Is there quality issues with the backup camera? Daytime is great, but at night I get nothing. I purchased my E70 used and it’s been this way ever since I owned it....
|
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum
05-03-2019, 04:40 PM
|
|
Replies: 12
Views: 2,289
E70 4.8 Valve Seals, best to buy?
I am going to be changing my valve seals and valve cover gaskets. Where would be the best place to purchase the seals/gaskets?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
|
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum
02-16-2019, 10:35 AM
|
|
Replies: 12
Views: 3,693
|
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum
02-15-2019, 10:36 AM
|
|
Replies: 12
Views: 3,693
|
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum
02-15-2019, 02:01 AM
|
|
Replies: 12
Views: 3,693
Ok, after I spent some time trying to find the...
Ok, after I spent some time trying to find the leak, I noticed that the water pump was leaking around the seal to the engine. After I started pulling things apart to check the torque on the bolts I...
|
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum
02-14-2019, 11:13 PM
|
|
Replies: 12
Views: 3,693
Coolant Leak, can’t find the source?
Yes, water pump and thermostat were replaced with new. I guess I will check each hose connection, but it’s got to be close to the engine if it’s dripping there.
...
|
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum
02-14-2019, 08:15 PM
|
|
Replies: 12
Views: 3,693
|