Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 39
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: Liamk
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-23-2020, 06:20 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,008
Posted By Liamk
Brake servo problem

So after the debacle of having the calipers on the wrong sides of the car I seem to have run into a potential servo problem. I知 quite happy there is no air in the system, pedal is hard and no excess...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-05-2020, 09:21 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 2,278
Posted By Liamk
Cheers I only need 4, 2 per side will be adequate...

Cheers I only need 4, 2 per side will be adequate for what I need 👍. I will ring bmw tomorrow 👌
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-05-2020, 03:11 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 2,278
Posted By Liamk
Managed to open the image on the computer rather...

Managed to open the image on the computer rather then my iPhone, well done sir they are correct, but where can I get some from? Dealer only maybe?
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-05-2020, 02:05 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 2,278
Posted By Liamk
The link or image won’t open?

The link or image won’t open?
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-05-2020, 01:31 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 2,278
Posted By Liamk
No metal rectangular retainers, I will get a...

No metal rectangular retainers, I will get a photo tomorrow, these are for the extension pieces that only the IS models have they hold the extensions on by pushing over plastic lugs that protrude...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-05-2020, 12:35 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 2,278
Posted By Liamk
Arch extender clips

As per title, does anyone know where I can get the metal clips that hold the arch extensions on, I could do with afew for the rear bumper arch flares but can稚 find any on eBay etc, had a look on...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 02-01-2020, 11:56 AM
Replies: 14
Views: 1,677
Posted By Liamk
Iirc Pre facelift European models had monitoring...

Iirc Pre facelift European models had monitoring systems via in wheel sensors as an option. Post facelift models use the abs system and was fitted as standard.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-31-2020, 07:47 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 3,520
Posted By Liamk
The most embarrassing thing is I am very familiar...

The most embarrassing thing is I am very familiar with cars and know full well nipples go at the top, I can’t believe I didn’t notice until now, I don’t know I guess I was over thinking the situation...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-31-2020, 07:10 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 3,520
Posted By Liamk
Right I知 saying this because despite making...

Right I知 saying this because despite making myself out to be a fool it may just one day help somebody out. When having issues bleeding rear brakes make sure you put both callipers on the correct...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-31-2020, 07:07 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 1,677
Posted By Liamk
I’ve done about 20 miles now and no warnings....

I’ve done about 20 miles now and no warnings. Happy days
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-31-2020, 05:51 AM
Replies: 14
Views: 1,677
Posted By Liamk
Yes it was definitely the old sensor in the wheel...

Yes it was definitely the old sensor in the wheel system on pre facelift models, although it was standard equipment on the later models it was only an option on the pre facelift, I still have the...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-30-2020, 02:46 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 1,677
Posted By Liamk
Ok I will look into it thanks!!

Ok I will look into it thanks!!
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-30-2020, 02:34 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 1,677
Posted By Liamk
From memory it was manual FSW_PSW changes. Not...

From memory it was manual FSW_PSW changes. Not sure what ZCS is?
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-30-2020, 02:16 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 1,677
Posted By Liamk
It’s a 2003 4.6is. I disabled the tire pressure...

It’s a 2003 4.6is. I disabled the tire pressure control system and the check control message, although looking through ncs expert now there is an option to turn off the report for tire puncture...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-30-2020, 01:34 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 1,677
Posted By Liamk
Weird tyre monitoring warning

So I successfully coded out the tyre control inactive warning on the dash a number of months ago and the car has been happily running round with no sensors in the rear wheels and no warnings on dash...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-29-2020, 01:37 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 3,520
Posted By Liamk
I’m beginning to think down the lines of the...

I’m beginning to think down the lines of the master cylinder, there is no effort on the rear at all, fluid just gravity trickles out with nipple open even when foot brake is applied, I see they have...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-28-2020, 05:53 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 3,520
Posted By Liamk
What are the steps to find the bleed procedure in...

What are the steps to find the bleed procedure in DIS service functions, I seemed to have opened up every option on the program and can’t find a bleed procedure anywhere, despite the program talking...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-28-2020, 05:27 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 3,520
Posted By Liamk
More brake bleeding woes

Hi everyone, replaced 1 front to rear brake line on the car and no amount of bleeding is getting air out of presumably the abs pump. I have ran about 3 litres of brake fluid through with a pressure...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-09-2019, 01:23 AM
Replies: 31
Views: 4,507
Posted By Liamk
When I had a miss on cylinder 1 it turned out to...

When I had a miss on cylinder 1 it turned out to be the spark plug gap. Plugs were only 1k miles old ngk iridium 9’s. It is something so simple that often gets overlooked, I couldn’t believe how much...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-10-2019, 01:14 AM
Replies: 12
Views: 5,289
Posted By Liamk
😂 I知 thinking INPA is definitely something I...

😂 I知 thinking INPA is definitely something I need to help ward off the evil spirits, that and a six pack 😉 🍺
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-09-2019, 02:45 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 5,289
Posted By Liamk
Ha seems like they have afew problems, will look...

Ha seems like they have afew problems, will look into the voltage regulator, I still have my original Bosch alternator in the garage will take it in bits and have a look, I could get a vr for that...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-09-2019, 12:20 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 5,289
Posted By Liamk
If the new alternator wasn’t under warranty that...

If the new alternator wasn’t under warranty that is exactly what I would be doing! But seeing as though it is going to cost time only I will just remove and refit, that is unless a regulator costs...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-09-2019, 11:43 AM
Replies: 12
Views: 5,289
Posted By Liamk
It was a brand new unit, RTX brand, 」195, Bosch...

It was a brand new unit, RTX brand, 」195, Bosch ones were astronomical prices I could fit a fair few rtx ones for the same cost. I have had a word with the supplier of the alternator and they will...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-09-2019, 11:09 AM
Replies: 12
Views: 5,289
Posted By Liamk
The alternator is still under warranty but they...

The alternator is still under warranty but they want the old unit back before they will send a replacement, best get on with removing that now ��. The thing is every time I fix something, another 3...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-09-2019, 10:55 AM
Replies: 12
Views: 5,289
Posted By Liamk
This car is possessed!!

So after all the faults I fixed recently on my x5 and despite being up all night till 7.45 am this morning fixing other little faults and oil leak finding, I go to drive home and I get the next fault...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 39

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:30 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
ゥ 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.