Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 84
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: sportypants
Forum: Bluetooth 05-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Replies: 0
Views: 1,787
Posted By sportypants
Bluetooth Retrofit Kit from Bimmernav for Sale

Hi,

Ive rently sold my X5 and removed my bimmernav bluetooth retrofitkit and hids.

I posted tutorials for fitting both on here and X5 world to help.
Please see ebay auctions here:
...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 03-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,048
Posted By sportypants
No noise when parked, only for a few secs in the...

No noise when parked, only for a few secs in the morning when driving?
Strange?????
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 03-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,048
Posted By sportypants
Slight squeel in mornings? Transmission Oil Maybe???

Hi,

On a cold morning I get a slight squeel on and off for about a minute? its not the brakes as it only happens when driving (about 1-2 secs at a time).

I have searched and think its the...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 4,431
Posted By sportypants
We call it rip off Britain here!

We call it rip off Britain here!
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,417
Posted By sportypants
Yeah, that's why I made a note of it. Mine had...

Yeah, that's why I made a note of it. Mine had just a small overspill, I was keeping an eye on it after every caliper. Luckily none of mine spilled but it could easily happen and bubble your paint!!!!
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 4,431
Posted By sportypants
I use 0w-40 to top up. This is seriously...

I use 0w-40 to top up. This is seriously expensive oil, 500ml in my local garage is £12.99, £14.99 in halfords!!! 1/2 pint, very very expensive.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,417
Posted By sportypants
Just changed pads & rotors/discs, a few tips!

Hi, I followed the excellent tutorials in the articles section to change the pads and rotors (or discs as we call them in the uk) and stumbled across a few small issues I thought I would share.
...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 2,188
Posted By sportypants
Just checked the feed which is being sent to the...

Just checked the feed which is being sent to the ballasts and 12v is registering on the meter. The problem is obviously with the ballasts themselves as i have installed 2 new bulbs with no success.
...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 2,188
Posted By sportypants
Just tried some replacement bulbs and still not...

Just tried some replacement bulbs and still not working. Next thing is either both ballasts are faulty. The plug for the xenons is identical to the plug for the haloes headlights so I have to say the...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-10-2007, 06:47 AM
Replies: 12
Views: 2,188
Posted By sportypants
I can only get a set of xenons which are not d2s...

I can only get a set of xenons which are not d2s fitting to test. I'm keeping an eye on ebay for some cheap d2s bulbs for the time being anyway.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-10-2007, 03:07 AM
Replies: 12
Views: 2,188
Posted By sportypants
My guess is the bulbs too but they seem to be...

My guess is the bulbs too but they seem to be pretty reliable from what I hear. I dont know anyone with D2S bulbs so Ill keep an eye on fleabay before I do anything else.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 2,188
Posted By sportypants
I can rid the error no prob, my issue ast the...

I can rid the error no prob, my issue ast the moment is getting the lights to turn on. I am thinking of replacing the bulbs but an expensive step if the bulbs aren't faulty.

I am reluctant to put...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 2,188
Posted By sportypants
Sorry guys, The ballasts are installed....

Sorry guys,

The ballasts are installed. They are on both headlights underneath.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 2,188
Posted By sportypants
Just swapped oem haloes for oem xenon and....

nothing :(

I have a facelift x5 and bought a set of oem xenon units from a local salvage yard.

I just unplugged my existing units and plugged in the xenon units. All angels and high beam work...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,065
Posted By sportypants
Yeah I have auto level and washers etc. I have a...

Yeah I have auto level and washers etc. I have a hid kit which works brill but Im a hige fan of OEM and would rather swap to originals and sell my kit.

I have all the bits shown on the realoem...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-05-2007, 05:13 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,065
Posted By sportypants
OEM Halogens to OEM Xenons Question?

I have a 2005 X5 with Halogen lights, I have been offered an OEM pair of Xenon units with the ballasts. These are also from a 2005 model.

Can anyone confirm if these just swap over and plug in?
...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-04-2007, 02:37 PM
Replies: 1
Views: 1,150
Posted By sportypants
How to Remove Leather Seat Skins?

Does anyone have a tutorial or any experience in doing this? I think a upholstery tool is required and any help or pics would be a massive help.

Cheers guys,

SP
Forum: Bluetooth 10-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,355
Posted By sportypants
Thanks ccfj1, Martin has contacted me with some...

Thanks ccfj1, Martin has contacted me with some information which I will try.
Forum: Bluetooth 09-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,355
Posted By sportypants
Retrofit BT Cradle Wiring Help Please

Hi,

I have fitted the BT retrofit kit from Martin at bimmernav and looking for advice on fitting the cradle. 4 wires running of cradle, white, green, red brown. These connect to the 54pin...
Forum: Bluetooth 09-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,833
Posted By sportypants
I had a similar issue. I had to run a new mic...

I had a similar issue. I had to run a new mic wire from martin at bimmernav. I posted a tutorial if you search my posts.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Replies: 24
Views: 8,215
Posted By sportypants
Same problem on my 04 x5, its the hood switch on...

Same problem on my 04 x5, its the hood switch on mine too. I sprayed some wd40 spray and problem solved.
Forum: Vendor Forum 07-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 2,598
Posted By sportypants
Please can you quote me for delivery to the UK.

Please can you quote me for delivery to the UK.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 06-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 2,109
Posted By sportypants
I have them, i think they look great. Ba d news...

I have them, i think they look great. Ba
d news is I wear a suit to work and you need to make sure they are clean as it's hard not to rub your calf on the way out.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-21-2007, 03:16 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,113
Posted By sportypants
I haven't bought it yet, just trying to find out...

I haven't bought it yet, just trying to find out compatability first if possible.

Ill post if I find any info on this.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-20-2007, 04:47 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,113
Posted By sportypants
N95 Compatability

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if the N95 pairs with OEM Bluetooth? I have the latest ULF from bimmernav and got my P990i to pair no problem.

My P990i is very dissapointing as it seems to have a mind...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 84

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:23 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.