Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
09-23-2026, 12:12 PM
|
|
Replies: 17,763
Views: 4,186,825
Recently replaced both tie rod assemblies as I...
Recently replaced both tie rod assemblies as I noticed there was play in the front wheels in 3 and 9 o-clock direction and I could visibly see the tie-rods moving as I rocked the wheels. Now after...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
07-23-2026, 03:00 AM
|
|
Replies: 13
Views: 1,254
New lenses are now in! They really changed how...
New lenses are now in! They really changed how the car looks. Will be interesting to see much the driving at night have improved, haven't had a chance to try out yet.
Let's just say that during...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
06-22-2026, 08:10 AM
|
|
Replies: 13
Views: 1,254
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
06-20-2026, 05:45 PM
|
|
Replies: 13
Views: 1,254
Thanks for the confirmation! It's sometimes...
Thanks for the confirmation! It's sometimes confusing when some of the salvage parts are sold as halogen even thought they actually are xenons.
I believe even the facelift ones can be replaced...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
06-18-2026, 08:04 AM
|
|
Replies: 13
Views: 1,254
Headlight replacement confusion
The lenses of my headlight's are seriously hazed and cracked (beyond repairable) so I'm looking for replacements. I'd rather not go for just the lens replacement even thought I have understood it's...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
02-02-2026, 08:09 AM
|
|
Replies: 17,763
Views: 4,186,825
Was heading home and "Check coolant level"...
Was heading home and "Check coolant level" warning showed up for the first time in the current car. The engine temperature stayed at a constant level of around 95 C (200 F) and it was -20 C (-4 F)...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
11-10-2025, 02:10 PM
|
|
Replies: 20
Views: 2,182
Coding now done with NCS as per Clavurion's...
Coding now done with NCS as per Clavurion's suggestion. At first, the error codes cleared fine and didn't reappear, but the airbag light started flashing without any codes. But after starting the car...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
11-08-2025, 01:18 PM
|
|
Replies: 20
Views: 2,182
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
11-08-2025, 07:08 AM
|
|
Replies: 20
Views: 2,182
Thanks for all the tips.
That would...
Thanks for all the tips.
That would make sense since my 4.6is is made in 02/2003 and 3.0i is 09/2003.
What comes to NCS, I have it installed on my laptop but I'm not familiar with it. But...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
11-08-2025, 06:37 AM
|
|
Replies: 17,763
Views: 4,186,825
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
11-07-2025, 06:36 AM
|
|
Replies: 20
Views: 2,182
Okay I have now tested disconnecting the...
Okay I have now tested disconnecting the passenger side connector for the tensioner. The same error "Gurtschloss Beifahrer (passenger seat belt lock)" with all the other same information still there...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
11-06-2025, 03:17 AM
|
|
Replies: 20
Views: 2,182
The original German codes:
Gurtschloss...
The original German codes:
Gurtschloss Beifahrer/Fahrer (passenger/driver seat belt lock?)
Fehler aktuell vorhanden (error currently exists)
Masseschluss/Widerstand zu klein (short...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
11-05-2025, 02:45 PM
|
|
Replies: 20
Views: 2,182
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
11-05-2025, 01:37 PM
|
|
Replies: 20
Views: 2,182
Airbag warning light stays on after seat swap
I just replaced the front seats of my 3.0i with the ones from my old 4.6is and I'm now facing an airbag warning light, caused by error codes "driver's seatbelt buckle" and "passenger seatbelt...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
11-04-2025, 01:27 PM
|
|
Replies: 17,763
Views: 4,186,825
Replaced the front seats with the ones from my...
Replaced the front seats with the ones from my old 4.6is since they are made from more premium leather (Walknappa vs Dakota) and also have lumbar support. Next up would be the rear seats, but my 3.0i...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
09-09-2025, 12:57 PM
|
|
Replies: 17,763
Views: 4,186,825
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
08-20-2025, 01:48 AM
|
|
Replies: 17,763
Views: 4,186,825
Now after driving around with the new rear...
Now after driving around with the new rear shocks, the difference is more noticeable than I would have thought! Even with the low profile 20" wheels the car feels surprisingly smooth over holes,...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
08-12-2025, 04:03 AM
|
|
Replies: 17,763
Views: 4,186,825
Replaced driver side rear shock and most of the...
Replaced driver side rear shock and most of the parts attached yesterday, doing the other one today. It'll be interesting to see if there is going be any noticeable difference while driving. At least...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
04-16-2025, 01:52 AM
|
|
Replies: 17,763
Views: 4,186,825
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
04-15-2025, 02:08 PM
|
|
Replies: 17,763
Views: 4,186,825
That seems like a good idea being that the door...
That seems like a good idea being that the door handle carriers could be considered a normal wear part in these cars. My driver's door handle broke in the winter so I'm about to do same job soon but...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
04-10-2025, 01:22 PM
|
|
Replies: 9
Views: 1,054
Since I only removed the lower oil pan I was...
Since I only removed the lower oil pan I was under impression that that oil pump and chain wouldn't be accessible. But now looking at the pictures online I wonder if the oil pump cover can be removed...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
04-08-2025, 01:15 PM
|
|
Replies: 9
Views: 1,054
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
03-24-2025, 03:53 PM
|
|
Replies: 9
Views: 1,054
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
03-24-2025, 04:32 AM
|
|
Replies: 9
Views: 1,054
4.6is pistons after engine failure
My 4.6is blew its engine couple of years ago, most likely due to a timing chain guide failure and the engine can't be turned manually. So far the car has just been sitting in the yard but now I...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
11-08-2024, 09:06 AM
|
|
Replies: 6
Views: 1,065
I got a 3.0i with auto transmission after my...
I got a 3.0i with auto transmission after my 4.6is blew its engine and while initially the lack of torque compared to 4.6is was disappointing, it is mostly prominent with speeds above 50-60 mph. I've...
|