Xoutpost.com

Xoutpost.com (https://xoutpost.com/forums.php)
-   X ///M Forum (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x-m-forum/)
-   -   Car wash broke the rear wiper - looking for part number (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x-m-forum/75723-car-wash-broke-rear-wiper-looking-part-number.html)

998M 09-14-2010 11:33 AM

Car wash broke the rear wiper - looking for part number
 
Because the truck is black and I live in crappy Wisconsin, I wash it every other day. The other day one of the brushes caught it wrong and tore off the rear wiper. It looks like I will need to replace the wiper arm and the part that the arm attaches to. The wash has agreed to pay for it but I am having trouble ordering it.

www.realoem.com is down for now. So I went to www.bavauto.com

I found the p/n for the rear wiper arm (61 627 161 028) but have no idea what the p/n or even what the part that the arm connects to is called.
Any help?
Thanks
M

Naz24 09-14-2010 12:06 PM

OT but, you take your X5M to the carwash 3+ times a week? Ouch for all the swirls you must have.

998M 09-14-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naz24 (Post 768402)
OT but, you take your X5M to the carwash 3+ times a week? Ouch for all the swirls you must have.

I would say more like 2x per week but...

Most of it is covered with 3M. Then twice a year it gets sent to detail to have them fix it as best as possible. It is my only option.

M

chilliwilli 09-14-2010 02:28 PM

No help but why not just wash it yourself, once/week?

Note to self: do not consider used X5M from Wisconsin :D

998M 09-14-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chilliwilli (Post 768429)
No help but why not just wash it yourself, once/week?

Note to self: do not consider used X5M from Wisconsin :D


I have an infant, a wife in medical residency and I work 70 hours a week. When I am not with my family or at work I would rather be racing, watching racing or thinking about racing than washing my cars. I used to be anal about washing my cars by hand. And still really enjoy it every once in a while. But my priorities shifted.

The X5M is awesome in WI. A foot of snow, snow tires and 550hp :wow: Black may have been a bad choice but I wash it and let someone else worry about fixing the swirls.

The Big Easy 09-14-2010 05:47 PM

Hey, I`m not sure what is worse: a medical residency / a 70h plus work week / or an infant !! That is certainly going to keep you busy. How many more years of the residency is left?

Cheers,

998M 09-14-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Big Easy (Post 768469)
Hey, I`m not sure what is worse: a medical residency / a 70h plus work week / or an infant !! That is certainly going to keep you busy. How many more years of the residency is left?

Cheers,


9 months, 16 days and 4 hours. But who is counting

Wow, we really hijacked the crap out of this thread. But it is mine, so who cares.
M

LI-X5 09-14-2010 06:56 PM

funny but i pay $40 p mo for unlimited car washes and since i have no job lol i hit it 2 - 4 x's a week !! i hate brake dust lol

as long as you keep a good coat of waax onthe car you get 0 swirls !

x5m-rs4_fan 09-14-2010 09:35 PM

Where do you pay $40 / month for that???

998M 09-14-2010 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LI-X5 (Post 768480)
funny but i pay $40 p mo for unlimited car washes and since i have no job lol i hit it 2 - 4 x's a week !! i hate brake dust lol

as long as you keep a good coat of waax onthe car you get 0 swirls !

I'l pay you $40 a month to wash my car. Then you can have a job and I can have a clean car. Works for me.

Now would someone answer the question so I don;t have to call the dealership and buy if from them :D
M


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:00 AM.

vBulletin, Copyright 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved.