Xoutpost.com

Xoutpost.com (https://xoutpost.com/forums.php)
-   X ///M Forum (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x-m-forum/)
-   -   BMW X5 M50d and BMW X6 M50d (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x-m-forum/85712-bmw-x5-m50d-bmw-x6-m50d.html)

LeMansX5 01-25-2012 10:11 PM

BMW X5 M50d and BMW X6 M50d
 
3 Attachment(s)
The BMW M Performance Automobiles

The BMW M Performance vehicles described in the attached press release are not planned for the US market.

http://www.xoutpost.com/attachments/...88943-zoom.jpg

At a glance

New BMW M GmbH product range based on current BMW models; BMW M Performance Automobiles complement the model family with their clear focus on sports performance combined with unrestricted everyday usability and outstanding efficiency; new product category launches with four models: BMW M550d xDrive Sedan, BMW M550d xDrive Touring, BMW X5 M50d and BMW X6 M50d.

Rigorous use of BMW M GmbH development expertise in the optimisation of agility, precision and emotion; BMW M Performance Automobiles with harmonious interplay of powertrain, chassis technology and design features typical of M models; exclusive, extremely powerful engine; detailed modifications to chassis technology and power transfer; aerodynamically optimised body.

World premiere for a new six-cylinder in-line diesel engine developed exclusively for the BMW M Performance Automobiles; new, globally unique
M Performance TwinPower Turbo technology: three turbochargers, common-rail direct injection with piezo injectors and maximum injection pressure of 2,200 bar; 3.0-litre displacement, 280 kW/381 hp, maximum torque: 740 Newton metres (546 lb-ft); instantaneous responses and outstandingly dynamic power delivery into the upper reaches of the rev range; maximum revs: 5,400 rpm; impressively economical thanks to optimised efficiency and extensive BMW EfficientDynamics technology,

Eight-speed Sports automatic transmission with enhanced gearshift dynamics fitted as standard on all BMW M Performance Automobiles;
BMW xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive with bespoke set-up optimised to enhance dynamics; BMW M550d xDrive and BMW X5 M50d with Performance Control, BMW X6 M50d with Dynamic Performance Control.
M-specific tuning of suspension, bodyshell mounting, engine and transmission mounting, springs and dampers, all standard and optional chassis control systems, and the Servotronic mapping for the hydraulic steering; result is significantly enhanced agility and precision in dynamic driving situations, with the linear build-up of lateral forces familiar from M cars.

BMW M550d xDrive comes as standard with the Driving Experience Control switch, including ECO PRO mode;
BMW M550d xDrive Touring also features air suspension on the rear axle and automatic self-levelling; both models available as an option with Dynamic Damper Control and Adaptive Drive including anti-roll control.

BMW X5 M50d and BMW X6 M50d fitted as standard with air suspension on the rear axle and self-levelling, Adaptive Drive standard on the BMW X6 M50d and available as an option for the BMW X5 M50d.

Purposeful design modifications in familiar M style set individual models apart and provide aerodynamic optimisation; exterior mirrors and air intake bars with striking Ferric Grey metallic paintwork; trapezoidal exhaust tailpipes; BMW Individual High-gloss Shadow Line; 19-inch M light-alloy wheels in double-spoke design standard on the BMW M550d xDrive and BMW M550d xDrive Touring; 19-inch M light-alloy wheels in V-spoke design standard on the BMW X5 M50d; 20-inch M light-alloy wheels in double-spoke design standard on the BMW X6 M50d; exclusive 20-inch M light-alloy wheels in Ferric Grey available as an option for all models; model lettering on the door sills, boot lid and, in the case of the BMW X5 M50d and BMW X6 M50d, also in the instrument cluster; engine cover with “M Performance” badge.

Bespoke interior design shows clear emphasis on the cars’ sporting character; gearshift lever with M logo; exclusive Alcantara/Nappa leather M sports seats in Black (BMW X5 M50d, BMW X6 M50d) or Alcantara/Cloth in Grey Shadow (BMW M550d xDrive) with contrast stitching and embossed M logo; M leather steering wheel with gearshift paddles; BMW Individual roof liner in Anthracite; interior trim strips in Brushed Aluminium Shadow (BMW X5 M50d, BMW X6 M50d) or Aluminium Hexagon (BMW M550d xDrive); interior sound design adds further emphasis to the characteristic six-cylinder soundtrack.

All BMW M Performance Automobiles contain a wide range of comfort-enhancing equipment as standard; extensive individualisation possible thanks to virtually full availability of BMW 5 Series, BMW X5 and BMW X6 options; includes Comfort Access, automatic tailgate operation (standard in Germany on the BMW X6 M50d and BMW M550d xDrive Touring), hands-free tailgate opening (BMW M550d xDrive, BMW M550d xDrive Touring), electrically operated glass/panoramic sunroof, doors with Soft Close Automatic function, trailer coupling, heated steering wheel, active seats, Adaptive LED Headlights (BMW X6 M50d), navigation systems with hard disk storage, high-quality audio and rear-seat entertainment systems.

Wide range of driver assistance systems and mobility services from BMW ConnectedDrive unmatched by any rival: Head-Up Display, Adaptive Headlights, High-Beam Assistant, BMW Night Vision with pedestrian recognition (BMW M550d xDrive), Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go function, Lane Change Warning System
(BMW M550d xDrive), Lane Departure Warning System
(BMW M550d xDrive), rear-view camera with Top View
(BMW X5 M50d, BMW X6 M50d), Surround View (BMW 550d xDrive),
Speed Limit Info, internet access, extended integration of smartphones and music players, Real-Time Traffic Information and apps for receiving web radio and using Facebook and Twitter.

Engine:
Six-cylinder in-line diesel engine with
M Performance TwinPower Turbo technology, aluminium crankcase, three turbochargers (high-pressure, with variable turbine geometry), common-rail direct injection with piezo injectors, maximum injection pressure: 2,200 bar.
Displacement: 2,993 cc,
output: 280 kW/381 hp at 4,000 – 4,400 rpm,
max. torque: 740 Nm (546 lb-ft) at 2,000 – 3 000 rpm,
specific output: 93.6 kW/127.3 hp per litre of displacement.

BMW M Performance models: performance figures, fuel consumption, CO2 emissions:
BMW M550d xDrive Sedan:
Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h (62 mph)]: 4.7 seconds,
top speed: 250 km/h (155 mph),
average fuel consumption: 6.3 litres/100 kilometres (44.8 mpg imp),
CO2 emissions: 165 g/km, exhaust standard: EU6.
BMW M550d xDrive Touring:
Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h (62 mph)]: 4.9 seconds,
top speed: 250 km/h (155 mph),
average fuel consumption: 6.4 litres/100 kilometres (44.1 mpg imp),
CO2 emissions: 169 g/km, exhaust standard: EU6.

BMW X5 M50d:
Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h (62 mph)]: 5.4 seconds,
top speed: 250 km/h (155 mph),
average fuel consumption: 7.5 litres/100 kilometres (37.7 mpg imp),
CO2 emissions: 199 g/km, exhaust standard: EU5.
BMW X6 M50d:
Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h (62 mph)]: 5.3 seconds,
top speed: 250 km/h (155 mph),
average fuel consumption: 7.7 litres/100 kilometres (36.7 mpg imp),
CO2 emissions: 204 g/km, exhaust standard: EU5.

http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...X6M_50d_01.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...X6M_50d_02.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...X6M_50d_03.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...X6M_50d_04.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...X6M_50d_05.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...X6M_50d_06.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...X6M_50d_07.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...X6M_50d_08.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...X6M_50d_09.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...X6M_50d_10.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...X6M_50d_11.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...X6M_50d_12.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...X6M_50d_13.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...X6M_50d_14.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...X6M_50d_15.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...X6M_50d_16.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...X6M_50d_17.jpg

http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...X5M_50d_01.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...X5M_50d_02.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...X5M_50d_03.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...X5M_50d_04.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...X5M_50d_05.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...X5M_50d_06.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...X5M_50d_07.jpg

http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...l_M550d_01.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...l_M550d_02.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...l_M550d_03.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...l_M550d_04.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...l_M550d_05.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...l_M550d_06.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...l_M550d_07.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...l_M550d_08.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...l_M550d_09.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...l_M550d_10.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...l_M550d_11.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...l_M550d_12.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...l_M550d_13.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...l_M550d_14.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...l_M550d_15.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...l_M550d_16.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...l_M550d_17.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...l_M550d_18.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...l_M550d_19.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...l_M550d_20.jpg
http://www.xoutpost.com/lemansx5/M50...l_M550d_21.jpg

LeMansX5 01-25-2012 10:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Torque Diagram

LeMansX5 01-26-2012 12:06 AM

The BMW M Performance Automobiles: market launch dates and prices for Germany.

26.01.2012

Munich. With its BMW M Performance Automobiles, BMW M GmbH is adding four newly developed models to its product range. These cars come with a significant boost in performance and hallmark M precision in the interplay of the powertrain, chassis and aerodynamics – coupled with unrestricted everyday utility and high levels of efficiency. The BMW M550d xDrive, BMW M550d xDrive Touring, BMW X5 M50d and BMW X6 M50d models will have their world premiere at the Geneva International Motor Show (8 – 18 March 2012). The market launch of the BMW M Performance Automobiles starts just a few weeks later. The BMW M550d xDrive and BMW M550d xDrive Touring models will be available in German showrooms from 12 May 2012, with the BMW X5 M50d and BMW X6 M50d following on 16 June 2012. Below are the selling prices of the BMW M Performance Automobiles in Germany, including VAT (19%):

BMW M550d xDrive 80 800 EUR
BMW M550d xDrive Touring 83 750 EUR
BMW X5 M50d 82 300 EUR
BMW X6 M50d 85 800 EUR

The BMW M550d xDrive and BMW M550d xDrive Touring models will be built at the BMW plant in Dingolfing, which also manufactures the other models of the BMW 5 Series range, the BMW 6 Series models and the BMW 7 Series luxury sedans. The BMW X5 M50d and BMW X6 M50d will be produced at BMW Plant Spartanburg in the USA, the competence centre for BMW X models within the BMW Group’s global production network.

LeMansX5 01-26-2012 02:31 AM


LeMansX5 01-26-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeMansX5 (Post 862948)
The BMW M Performance Automobiles: market launch dates and prices for Germany.

26.01.2012

Munich. With its BMW M Performance Automobiles, BMW M GmbH is adding four newly developed models to its product range. These cars come with a significant boost in performance and hallmark M precision in the interplay of the powertrain, chassis and aerodynamics – coupled with unrestricted everyday utility and high levels of efficiency. The BMW M550d xDrive, BMW M550d xDrive Touring, BMW X5 M50d and BMW X6 M50d models will have their world premiere at the Geneva International Motor Show (8 – 18 March 2012). The market launch of the BMW M Performance Automobiles starts just a few weeks later. The BMW M550d xDrive and BMW M550d xDrive Touring models will be available in German showrooms from 12 May 2012, with the BMW X5 M50d and BMW X6 M50d following on 16 June 2012. Below are the selling prices of the BMW M Performance Automobiles in Germany, including VAT (19%):

BMW M550d xDrive 80 800 EUR
BMW M550d xDrive Touring 83 750 EUR
BMW X5 M50d 82 300 EUR
BMW X6 M50d 85 800 EUR

The BMW M550d xDrive and BMW M550d xDrive Touring models will be built at the BMW plant in Dingolfing, which also manufactures the other models of the BMW 5 Series range, the BMW 6 Series models and the BMW 7 Series luxury sedans. The BMW X5 M50d and BMW X6 M50d will be produced at BMW Plant Spartanburg in the USA, the competence centre for BMW X models within the BMW Group’s global production network.

UK Pricing
X5 M50d - £60,325
X6 M50d - £62,260
BMW X6 M is priced from £85,680 OTR and the BMW X5 M costs from £83,260 OTR and they all go on sale from 16 June 2012.

LeMansX5 02-06-2012 05:45 PM




YolkyPalky 02-10-2012 05:22 PM

Can someone explain why the X5 M50d wont be available to U.S. customers, even though it is produced here lol? I keep hearing the word "homologation", but I don't fully understand what that means.

Seems to me if you qualified the car for California emission standards it would surely pass every other state. I'm so bummed we won't be able to buy an "M"-diesel here in the U.S.!

JadeVetti 02-19-2012 09:46 PM

Le sigh. I hope Munich reconsiders. There is a market for everything, they just have to realize this. Unleash a small batch for availability in the US, and let them see where that takes them.

I bet they'll be very surprised.

JCL 02-19-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JadeVetti (Post 866877)
Le sigh. I hope Munich reconsiders. There is a market for everything, they just have to realize this. Unleash a small batch for availability in the US, and let them see where that takes them.

I bet they'll be very surprised.

Do you think those potential US 50d buyers could afford to pay for the federalization of an all new engine, amortized over that small batch? US buyers aren't paying world prices to start. The 50d is priced at the equivalent of $95,800 US in the UK. Even the 40d M Sport is the equivalent of $82,250 US.

YolkyPalky 02-20-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCL (Post 866894)
Do you think those potential US 50d buyers could afford to pay for the federalization of an all new engine, amortized over that small batch? US buyers aren't paying world prices to start. The 50d is priced at the equivalent of $95,800 US in the UK. Even the 40d M Sport is the equivalent of $82,250 US.

The reason US buyers dont pay "world prices" is because US is the largest market by far for BMW, more BMW's are probably sold just in California than in the whole UK. UK buyers pay more because there aren't enough to reap the economies of scale, like in the US. If any market can support a new engine/new model it's the US, not the rest of the world "small batch" individual markets.

LeMansX5 02-20-2012 12:47 AM

Fact is US is the biggest market for BMW's M Division.
335d was a failure in US but X5 35d is a success.

LeMansX5 03-06-2012 07:20 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Pics from Geneva debut today

iMpower 03-06-2012 10:42 PM

The headlights are just sooo sexy!!!

I do like the gun-metal colored rims. It'd be nice if that color were available on the X5M.

Can't wait for the 2013 X5M details to roll out!


BTW, I've been checking the bmwusa.com website and you STILL cannot build an M5. So weird and frustrating!

LeMansX5 03-07-2012 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iMpower (Post 869260)
The headlights are just sooo sexy!!!

I do like the gun-metal colored rims. It'd be nice if that color were available on the X5M.

Can't wait for the 2013 X5M details to roll out!


BTW, I've been checking the bmwusa.com website and you STILL cannot build an M5. So weird and frustrating!

2013 M5 will not be out till fall, which means the earliest you will see the M5 configurator will be in August. M6 convertible will be out in summer and you will see that much sooner on bmwusa.com.

LeMansX5 03-07-2012 01:40 AM

6 Attachment(s)
more...

LeMansX5 08-07-2012 10:28 AM

2013 BMW M550d xDrive First Drive – Review – Car and Driver

FSETH 09-13-2012 08:36 AM

What are the sales for the X5 M50d looking like so far? Is it a success? What is BMW's goal?

LeMansX5 09-13-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSETH (Post 896626)
What are the sales for the X5 M50d looking like so far? Is it a success? What is BMW's goal?

I have heard its selling good. BMW keeps M car production level low to retain its importance/prestige/?.

Rez 09-13-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeMansX5 (Post 896760)
I have heard its selling good. BMW keeps M car production level low to retain its importance/prestige/?.

Highly doubt that. Seems like that are putting M badge on anything they make these days


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:37 AM.

vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved.