Xoutpost.com

Xoutpost.com (https://xoutpost.com/forums.php)
-   X5 (E53) Forum (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x5-e53-forum/)
-   -   Rogue Vacuum Line - Where does this go? (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x5-e53-forum/111026-rogue-vacuum-line-where-does-go.html)

Spaceman828 11-07-2019 03:42 PM

Rogue Vacuum Line - Where does this go?
 
Hey Guys, need a little help here please!

Just replaced the Camshaft position sensor and can't seem to figure out where this line is supposed to go. Put air cleaner back on and drove around, pulled codes for cylinder 3 and cylinder 4 misfire with fuel cutoff. Camshaft position sensor code is gone.

Thinking this line has something to do with it, before I replace coils and plugs. Any help greatly appreciated! First picture shows where the line is coming from, below the engine.

Pictures below:


https://imgur.com/9M1laKV

https://imgur.com/WhOqchg

syrena105 11-07-2019 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaceman828 (Post 1171228)
Hey Guys, need a little help here please!

Just replaced the Camshaft position sensor and can't seem to figure out where this line is supposed to go. Put air cleaner back on and drove around, pulled codes for cylinder 3 and cylinder 4 misfire with fuel cutoff. Camshaft position sensor code is gone.

Thinking this line has something to do with it, before I replace coils and plugs. Any help greatly appreciated! First picture shows where the line is coming from, below the engine.

Pictures below:


https://imgur.com/9M1laKV

https://imgur.com/WhOqchg


it looks like a front dif. vent pipe, it doesn't go anywhere just make sure it's properly attached

Spaceman828 11-07-2019 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syrena105 (Post 1171236)
it looks like a front dif. vent pipe, it doesn't go anywhere just make sure it's properly attached

Ah, ok cool thank you! I was kinda hoping I needed to plug it in somewhere due to the misfires, but I will check with the plugs and coils from here then.

upallnight 11-08-2019 11:18 AM

Plug and coil check would be a good start, but you're thinking old school. New computer controlled engine requires something more than a shade tree mechanic approach. You could post the misfire code(s) you read and we can go from there. A misfire to a computer controlled engine means one cylinder or cylinders is not producing as much power as the other. The computer can determine this by the rotational speed of the crank when the cylinder is fire.

Spaceman828 11-12-2019 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upallnight (Post 1171268)
Plug and coil check would be a good start, but you're thinking old school. New computer controlled engine requires something more than a shade tree mechanic approach. You could post the misfire code(s) you read and we can go from there. A misfire to a computer controlled engine means one cylinder or cylinders is not producing as much power as the other. The computer can determine this by the rotational speed of the crank when the cylinder is fire.

Thanks for that! Finally getting around to update this. I replaced the plugs and still getting the misfires so before getting into the CCV, I took it over the shop and did a smoke test.

Smoke test revealed a leak in the DISA Valve so I'm ordering a new one tonight.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:38 AM.

vBulletin, Copyright 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved.