View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 05:32 PM

patrickkc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
True, they are many tuning options for the 35i.

A 2013 M Sport equipped with the Cold Weather Package does have the heated steering wheel. If the prices on those are too high and you like the running boards, I'd just skip the M Sport package. You can get the heated steering wheel with any year E70 as along as it has the Cold Weather Package, and running boards were optional but it seems that a good majority of X5's have them. If not, you can add those.
I've been on autotrader everyday looking at the x5s and Cayennes now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazojla View Post
I'm not sure on the 35i but my 3.0SD (LCI equivalent 35D) has 600Nm of torque and to my understanding the Porsche has 550Nm, obviously the Porsche has more HP but I was pleasantly surprised how much of a difference torque makes, my M5 has 520Nm and the X5 pulls like a b*tch I mean that thing goes, fast. IMO Porsche has the better name and has more prestige but the BMW looks better, I would personally go for the M sport just because I couldn't bear the plastic on the SE model but that's my preference. My nephew used to have a Cayenne Diesel (No comparison to the Cayenne S) and it felt really well put together, the only thing I didn't like was horrid design of the centre console, it's too cluttered and messy, again that's my preference. If it was my money I would go for a 35D M sport with your selected options, the Diesel has more power than Mexico, unless unleaded is your thing then the 35i would still be a good choice. I just personally don't like the front of the Porsche or the interior although it does feel a little better I still think the X5's feels better thought out and more ergonomic, you might get used to the Porsche with ownership but I found it a bit of a pain.
I have definitely considered the 35D as well. I should have probably included that into my comparison as well. I've never had a diesel vehicle before but the gas savings do sound like a very good incentive. I've read many posts between the 35i and 35d and people say fuel consumption wise, city driving there isn't too much difference. I don't use it to tow, so I'm not exactly sure if the diesel is better in my situation. Also, in Canada, I believe that the diesel does not come with the option of M-pack. (I haven't seen any used 35d with M-sport) Gas wise, if I go for the 35D it would be most likely a lot better than the Cayenne S.. decisions, decisions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd2000fxdl View Post
You are going to make you own decision based on your choices, but being my BIL has the Porsche and I have the X5 35i I'd pick my E70 anyday over his Porsche. #1 I like the looks of the X5 better, I also like the power and handling better in mine, didn't think that would be the case but to me it is. Now as far as other reasons, well I like the gas mileage I get better, also the cost of doing repairs is a lot different, also the cost of MODS is quite a lot cheaper on the BMW as well. Just something to consider..

Harry
I totally agree with you, at the end it will be own decision and my car. Repairs, it is expected that Porsche will cost more. Fuel economy wise, the S would probably use more gas, but from searching online, it shouldn't be too much different than the 35i.

My heart wants the Cayenne, but my brain is telling me to get the X5..

2005 X5 3.0i

pm me if you want your BMW coded!

H8 angel eyes and LED license plate lights FS.

Sponsored Links