View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 09:21 PM

TurnAround is on a distinguished road
Best Toe In/Out setting for 'go kart' driving + good tire wear?

Getting new tires for the X in a couple weeks. I figured, I should get the alignment done too.

When I did the suspension on my Coupe I remember going through a whole discussion about whether I should go exactly with the factory toe setting on the front wheels, or modify it a little to make the car more fun to drive. I really like having a sensitive rapid response 'turn in' on a car. More of a go kart fun feel. Then again, I want to maximize my tire wear and not grind off the outside shoulders. If the inside shoulder gets a little more worn.. ehh...

I can't remember exactly what the final answer was though. Do you guys know; Is it that you can go with a little toe out and that will make the car have better more responsive turn in, but will risk wearing the inside (not visible) inner shoulders a bit? So like.. a little toe out would actually protect the outer shoulders from grinding more? Or, maybe I've got that wrong.

Or, is it too risky for tire wear to mess with toe on an X5 (heavy vehicle) and I should just stick with factory?

Can you set me straight" (alignment pun)

Thanks

Sponsored Links