View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 09:50 PM

timmayiscrazzay is on a distinguished road
MID issues during Eonon install E53

Hi guys,
I ran into an odd issue with the MID during the installation of an Eonon 5166x in my 2003 X5 with business cd. First I will tell you that the MID does not have a DSP button on it but I beleive it has a DSP amp. In the right rear compartment there are 2 small subwoofers, in the left rear compartment there is a single Lear amp and no CD changer. Under the spare tire theer is an empty box with no radio unit in it. I installed the "plug and play" Eonon unit and big surprise, I know, no sound. So I dug around on this awesome forum and found that my next step should be to move cd changer to the amp and power it up with cd changer wires (B+, GND, and iBus) and leave the MID plugged in out of the way. This worked well except for one minor detail, the MID does not come on with the ignition any more. When I turn the ignition off for more than a minute or two and then turn it back on I have to push the power button on the MID to get sound. Its like the MID no longer gets the wake up signal when the key comes on. I am hoping somebody on here has seen this before and may have a work around for it. Any help would be great and thanks!

Tim

Sponsored Links