View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 11:53 PM

eddieb022000 is on a distinguished road
update

being that i live in NYC its hard to find the open road to perform this brake test.

not ideal but i was able to warm up the brakes and do several very hard stops. i did 8 but at about 5 traffic picked up and i couldnt resume immediately.

few observations and tips:
1) dont be stupid like me and go to home depot before and have a trunk full of paint and stain. i cringed every time one of the cans slapped into the back.

2) dont have a big meal before hand this is nauseating as you are quickly braking then gunning it over and over. so prob best not to have passengers either.

3) i found that from 60-20 mph was way too short for these big brakes. i think its better if possible to take it up to 80 and pull back down to 10mph, prob need less passes as well

SO THE RESULTS:

much improved and very noticeable improvement in the pedal feel. i still have a problem with the front right rotor as it still has rust on the face (obviously not making good contact) and it doesnt have the clear bluish tint the others do.

As per the instructions given the promising improvement i am going to try again once the brakes have cooled. perhaps in the middle of the night or super early morning. the biggest challenge is doing this safely

Sponsored Links