View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 12:25 AM

Overboost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiubhartach View Post
I did some coding of my LCM with PA Soft to turn off checking for LED turn signals and screwed up my headlights. I need the assistance of the coding and light wizards. My research hasn’t been fruitful.
BMW: 2005 X5 4.4i
Headlights: BiXenon with adaptive and automatic vertical aim control
Problem: Highbeams don’t work correctly. On start up, the lights go through the normal testing of up/down and left/right then settle in on low beams, just as it should. But, If I turn on high beams, the left goes half bright and the right goes full bright, and neither returns to normal until the headlights are turned off completely.
1. PA Soft live data shows the highbeam switch activating correctly. It also shows a green box next to the ‘automatic low beams light switch’ indicating that it is working. What is the low beam switch?

Sample photo (on mine, the line is not greyed out):

2: What boxes should be checked for my setup?
3. What is the difference between AHL and HVAC?
4. Under ‘Headlight vertical aim control’, what is the difference between automatic and dynamic?
5. If I check the very bottom box for ‘Xenon with AHL’, the three checkboxes under ‘Headlight vertical aim control’ are unchecked automatically.
6. I’m seriously considering having the whole car reflashed at the dealer. That’s my irritation level! Thanks for any help.
Sample photo:

You should have the backup under the PA Soft directory with the todays date before you made the changes. Just flash it back.

I can go plug into mine if you need.

Last edited by Overboost; 02-17-2017 at 12:37 AM.

Sponsored Links