View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 10:55 AM

nitrox111 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 740iS View Post
Sadly, photobucket isn't allowing your pictures to show. Not quite sure how to help you. Plus it would be beneficial for us to know your build date and engine too.

But since you mention the CCC being your current system, I'll assume you're early build E70 (pre-facelift) and you should have at least a basic amp in the left (port side) rear compartment by the tail gate. That said, you should be able to upgrade/retrofit an NBT system and have most all of the new style infotainment system and abilities.

Search google for E70 NBT retrofit and you'll find a number of companies and write up's on how to do the install. I have an '08 E70 that also has the CCC currently and also the entire kit to retrofit/install an NBT into it. I'm looking forward to that installation myself, but have been dealing with a bunch of little issues first.

Hope that this helps.
hmm.. wierd, cant see my own pictures either..
I have opened the left port closest to the rear-lamps and there was only 1 box in there, ill link the google picture..

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...2&d=1326663401

I only have 1 box, and thats the one whiche is vertical in this picture, nothing more.

BMW 2008 E70 3.0D 235hp
I have not opened the doors to look inside, but Im pretty sure i have tweeters front and second seat row, + subs under the seats.

Have looked into both CIC and NBT retrofits, but they are kinda expensive

EDIT:

There was no tweeters in the doors, tought i had seen something but there was just some plastic shining behind the protection there...

So i guess i have the "base audio-system" whitout amplifier, if thats what they call it...

So now the question is, is the amp pre-wired, and if so, where should i find the cables

Last edited by nitrox111; 08-13-2017 at 01:25 PM.

Sponsored Links