View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 02:10 PM
//Binary is in my DNA

Overboost is on a distinguished road
2004 X5 ZSP Power Folding Mirror Retrofit Research

My next retrofit will hopefully be the power folding mirrors. I started with the necessary master switch module I picked up on fleaBay for $79 delivered in excellent shape out of a 2005 and is already installed.

After days of researching the proper mirrors needed and reading about all the microswitch and gear failures in the design, I am thinking new mirror assemblies will be the best course of action. So, here is my question.

I pretty sure I have the basic heated and tilt/memory mirrors without anti-dazzle and I have the sport package and the mirror backings (triangle mounting to the doors) are gloss black. I ran my VIN at BMW VIN decoder and no listing for mirrors. (LU37432) ECS Tuning has the basic power fold mirrors, heated with tilt but they are not gloss black for the sport package. My dealer could not provide any information on the auto fold sports package mirrors. Does anyone know of the proper part number for the basic auto fold, heated, memory/tilt in gloss black mounting back for the sport package?

I'm seen in my reading others have done the retrofit and I could use some direction on the proper direction to proceed? The whole sport package thing is where I am stumbling. Probably just my OCD...

I welcome any and all suggestions.
Attached Images

Last edited by Overboost; 12-16-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Sponsored Links